N8 Tatical IWB holsters... Any opinions? - Page 2

N8 Tatical IWB holsters... Any opinions?

This is a discussion on N8 Tatical IWB holsters... Any opinions? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Mine should be here this week. Glad to see all these positive reviews, did a lot of research before I bought!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: N8 Tatical IWB holsters... Any opinions?

Mine should be here this week. Glad to see all these positive reviews, did a lot of research before I bought!

N8 Tatical IWB holsters... Any opinions?

Same here, the options are endless.

I need to shop for a pocket holster as well.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    I have two. One left hand 'small frame' revolver for my .357 snub which is perfect in every way. And one that was for a 'small/med frame' semi-auto, that I actually no longer have a use for. (Maybe in the future...) I've loved mine from the start, and can't think of anything better to carry a gun in. After a while of wearing/carrying in it, the leather will kind of mold itself around the gun and make a better fit.

I haven't noticed any unusual wear on my .357 from the holster, and I like that their holsters are reasonably priced- you don't have to spend $100 to get a good holster.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

VIP Member
    I have an opinion, but I also have a question.

I have watched several videos on the N82 holsters. They all rave about the comfort and how well it conceals. None of them talk about how it actually performs during weapon presentation. The few that actually show the weapon being drawn from the holster shows the person grasping it with finger tips as they draw and then kind of bouncing the gun in their hand until they attain a firing grip.

My question, for those that actually own and use this holster, is this. Can you actually get a quick, full, master grip on the gun for presentation from the N82 holster?

My criteria is that a holster must have good retention, be stable on the belt, allow one-handed re-holstering, and allow for a full grip on the weapon for presentation. My opinion, contingent upon my assumption of “no” in answer to my question, is that while it may very well be a comfortable holster, it does not meet my criteria.
    aus71383 likes this.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post

I have watched several videos on the N82 holsters. They all rave about the comfort and how well it conceals. None of them talk about how it actually performs during weapon presentation. The few that actually show the weapon being drawn from the holster shows the person grasping it with finger tips as they draw and then kind of bouncing the gun in their hand until they attain a firing grip.

My question, for those that actually own and use this holster, is this. Can you actually get a quick, full, master grip on the gun for presentation from the N82 holster?

My criteria is that a holster must have good retention, be stable on the belt, allow one-handed re-holstering, and allow for a full grip on the weapon for presentation. My opinion, contingent upon my assumption of “no” in answer to my question, is that while it may very well be a comfortable holster, it does not meet my criteria.
    I'm sure with practice you can get a quick full grip. Like any holster where the grip is fully covered, you will have to make sure you don't grab the holster while going for the gun.

I have a Glock 27 in my Professional model and I am able to get a full, firm grasp for presentation once getting familiar and comfortable with the holster, it's position, etc. One of the things I like about the holster is how high my pistol rides.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

mkh
    They look interesting but I'm not sure how anything IWB can be called "tactical".

I would give it a try except I just bought Holsters for each of my Sigs from Deadeye Luke.

I have the Original tuckable. I wear it all day with no issues. Really like that the weapon doesn't touch my skin anywhere. Protects it from sweat which is a major concern for me here in the humid, sunny South.

I have one, but I no longer use it. It was too difficult to re-holster. The holster was, however, quite comfortable to wear.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Re-holstering is a little difficult at times. But, with either my .357, or my old Taurus, I NEVER had a problem getting a good grip on the weapon before drawing and presenting. - I typically used my 'outside' fingers to grip/pull the weapon INTO my palm and wrap my thumb around. (Similar to puling a clutch lever on a motorcycle)

I still use my N82 for my .357, but I use a cheapie clamshell style for my 1911 (which is REALLY comfortable). Also because I don't have a gun that fits my other N82 anymore.

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Anybody carry a 1911? I wonder about the single clip handling the weight, or does the suede backing displace some of the weight?
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    Anybody carry a 1911? I wonder about the single clip handling the weight, or does the suede backing displace some of the weight?
    Suede kinda sticks to your clothes a little- helps keep the holster in place when you draw, and a little (I guess) throughout the day; I've never tried carrying anything very heavy in either of my N82 holsters.

I have had a N82 Pro since last Spring. I use it with my XD40 Service model. Works well with a relatively large gun to conceal. Pretty comfortable to wear at about 3:30 or 4:00 with a little bit of a forward cant.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links