J frame holster advice

This is a discussion on J frame holster advice within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Vlad883 Can anyone that has one post a picture of a J frame in the N82 holster? Wondering how big that model ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: J frame holster advice

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad883 View Post
    Can anyone that has one post a picture of a J frame in the N82 holster? Wondering how big that model is compared to the one I have for a G26.
    Here's my S&W 640 in my N82 holster:
    N82 holsterc.jpgN82 holsterb.jpg

My comments about the holster:
    -It came with a straight drop/neutral cant, which doesn't work for me. I did some cutting & sewing to create the butt-forward cant shown.
    -It is extremely comfortable.
    -My main complaint is that the pad is overly large, like a large paddle against my back. I have to frequently tug on my shirt tail; otherwise, my shirt keeps getting tucked behind top of the holster pad (see arrow at top), even with very loose shirts. The left edge of the pad sticks out from my back and has not conformed to my shape (see center arrow). That might not be an issue for male carriers.
    -The clip is excessively long and does not conceal well. It's shown on a 1 1/4" Galco contour gun belt.

I still like this holster enough that I'm going to 'operate' on it further. Namely, I'm going to reduce the size of the pad. I'll probably remove most of the pad that projects above my belt line.

Hope this helps someone.
    "...people who carry a gun understand that they are arming themselves against a very unlikely event... People who arm themselves are not confused about the odds. They are concerned about the stakes. -Kathy Jackson
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

I am looking mighty close at the High Noon choices. Does the low ride or high ride work best with drawing a J frame?

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    I've been procrastinating on taking better pics and doing a review of this Side Guard Quick Clip I got for my SP101. I love it. I believe I will be getting another for my J frames soon. Side Guard Holsters - IWB Holsters - Quick Clip

...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

VIP Member
    I use a barami grip with my 642, so no holster with this revolver for IWB duty. The trigger is long and hard to pull. Been using a barami grip on different SW revolver for years with no problems. I have one on my model 65 4 inch smith also.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links