Anyone wear a chest rig?

This is a discussion on Anyone wear a chest rig? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Was just wondering if anyone wears a chest rig to carry extra AR or AK mags? I think I might feel rediculous wearing one to ...

Thread: Anyone wear a chest rig?

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar

Anyone wear a chest rig?

Was just wondering if anyone wears a chest rig to carry extra AR or AK mags? I think I might feel rediculous wearing one to a public range but I wouldnt mind having one to wear on my personal acreage. I get tired of carrying spare mags in my pockets.

2. Remove Ads

I have a diamondback predator vest but I don't wear it to the range, and honestly I’m thinking about getting rid of it because its just too darn heavy. I have been contemplating buying either a battle belt or a bravo concealment FMS however, I am undecided.
    Molon Labe

I have a crye precision jumpable plate carrier that I use for 3 gun and training. It weighs 1.5 pounds without the plates and has integrated mag carriers/ admin pouches. I dont wear it to the civilian range but I do wear it to our training range. And before anyone asks, this is MY plate carrier... not issued.

Last edited by slidewayz240; November 14th, 2012 at 01:07 PM.

Lead Moderator
    I use a 3 mag chest rig made by Maxpedition for training, ect. Here is a shot with my S&W 15-22.
    PICT0844.jpg
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Links