Appendix Carry? - Page 2

Appendix Carry?

This is a discussion on Appendix Carry? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; WARRIOR TALK NEWS - Appendix Carry - Comfortable, Concealable, Quickest http://www.armedresponsetraining.com...ndix_carry.pdf Appendix Carry…Thousands of Thugs Can’t be Wrong! | Active Response Training...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Appendix Carry?

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    It seems a lot of highly regarded instructors condone and AIWB carry themselves. This may be okay with sub-compacts like j-frames, G26, PM9, Shield, ect., but with anything that's any larger, I just can't seem how it's comfortable when sitting. But then again, I didn't think carrying a gun AT ALL was comfortable when I first started doing it.

One thing I JUST thought about is being in a car accident, the seat belt will likely be laying on top of the pistol. It may not feel very good when the seat belt presses the gun into your stomach or pelvic bone in a car accident.
    I've been trying different carry positions lately (I admit with cheapo holsters since it's experimental) and this was also a concern of mine about appendix carry. I thought I was thinking too much into things until now, lol, thanks for the post. It was comfortable though and of course I could always take it out while driving and place it in my middle console then 'fix' myself before getting out.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

AIWB isn't uncomfortable at all. I've driven for hours carrying AIWB and haven't had problems. Take a look at the Bladetech Nano holster.

I've tried a number of AIWB holsters and I prefer the N82 above any others I've tried.

Not comfortable at all and I don't like aiming directly at either the family jewels or a main artery.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    First and foremost, appendix carry mandates absolute attention to the safety aspects of gun handling. That being said, appendix carry can be very useful. I have carried in the appendix position, both IWB and OWB, for years, though my "primary" remains at 0300.

I have used three different soft-side IWB rigs at the appendix position to carry various revolvers, but as they are no longer available, they are irrelevant to this discussion. I frequently use a Kramer Crossdraw to carry an SP101 at the appendix position, OWB, while another weapons is carried at 0300. I should note that even though this holster is termed "Crossdraw," I do not wear it in crossdraw fashion.

As I thought I was about to buy a G26 recently, I acquired a pre-owned but as-new Desbiens AIWB rig. The Glock purchase has been delayed, however, so I have not actually used this holster.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links