Appendix Carry?

This is a discussion on Appendix Carry? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been carrying IWB for about 3 years. Within the last 5-6 months I've started having trouble with my lower back and carry side hip. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Appendix Carry?

Appendix Carry?

I've been carrying IWB for about 3 years. Within the last 5-6 months I've started having trouble with my lower back and carry side hip. I'm not saying it's because I carry, but it has been difficult to do so due to the problem. Because of this I'm looking for an alternative way to carry and an instructor I know strongly recommends appendix carry. Does anyone here carry that way? And if so, can you recommend a good appendix carry holster?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Like most I have more holster's than socks....however...for appendix carry I would recommend one of the following.....Mitch Rosen leatherworks (by far the best in the business)....and The Holster Store....both can provide you with a holster molded to your exact gun model.

Mitch Rosen Gunleather

THE HOLSTER STORE | Quality American Holsters, Custom Leather Holsters, Holsters Online.

TVJ
    I use the following. Very happy with function and quality. He has other AIWB options as well. Cheers

Dale Fricke Holsters

THE ARCHANGEL APPENDIX CARRY©: AIWB

The Archangel© is the latest holster in the (AIWB) Inside the Waistband Appendix Holster family. The Archangel was specifically designed to retain the concealment advantages of Appendix carry as well as the speed of draw offered by its predecessors. We changed the "J" hooks to dual snap belt loops and did away with the tuckable feature.

Additionally, while the the tuckable feature is important for some end-users, it does add some bulk to the overall holster. The Archangel does not feature a tuckable design and is intended to be worn with a shirt-tails out concealment. The holster itself is very minimal in design and rides very comfortably inside the waistband. The result is a slim-line holster with reduced dimensions and yet just as secure and fast as its other KYDEX® predecessors.

PURCHASE ARCHANGEL© HOLSTERS

Select your desired product from the drop down list below and click the "Add to Cart" button. You can only add one item at a time to your cart.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

PB2,
    I highly recommend you use the search feature for appendix carry in this part of the forum. It will give you 5 pages of results.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...id=2032505&pp=
    aus71383 likes this.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

I occasionally have to change my carry gun and/or position due to back and/or sciatic leg pain. It works to relieve the symptoms. I only use appendix carry as a short-term solution with a remora holster. Before you invest in a high dollar appendix rig, you may wish to consider a remora or similar low cost experiment.

There are a lot of recent threads and references to this topic - on this site alone. Plenty of info and opinions out there. What gun are you considering using?

Austin

RAL
    Old Faithful Holsters (https://oldfaithfulholsters.com/shop...belly-holster/) has an excellent hybrid (kydex & leather). You can purchase it already put together or as a kit in one of 3 different levels of completion. He uses superior products and you cannot beat the prices. I am impressed! There are many teaching videos connected with his site.
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Evil prospers when good people to do nothing. Please don't turn your back. ACT!

NMB
    I carry my Kahr CM9 every day in a uncle mikes IWB holster.

The kind of holster depends on what kind of firearm you are carrying. I prefer the softer neoprene like fabric to leather or kydex.

http://www.uncle-mikes.com/products/..._holsters.html
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

Required reading for new appendix carriers, and some experienced ones as well.

AIWB (Appendix Carry)
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

RKM
    It seems a lot of highly regarded instructors condone and AIWB carry themselves. This may be okay with sub-compacts like j-frames, G26, PM9, Shield, ect., but with anything that's any larger, I just can't seem how it's comfortable when sitting. But then again, I didn't think carrying a gun AT ALL was comfortable when I first started doing it.

One thing I JUST thought about is being in a car accident, the seat belt will likely be laying on top of the pistol. It may not feel very good when the seat belt presses the gun into your stomach or pelvic bone in a car accident.

Just won't carry AIWB with a striker fire pistol..............my decision.

Distinguished Member
    Been carrying appendix inside the waist since febuary. Carried a few different pistols, all of them striker fired, without safeties . . . oh my!

Currently carry a G23, all day every day without problems, even while sitting, like on my computer now. I have carried in a high noon mr.softy holster, its been great. I have a garrett industries silent thunder that should be showing up any day now. I've heard the best reviews for the garrett industries silent thunder and the dale fricke archangle. I got the garrett for its ability to wear with a tucked shirt. BTW, I would only take any advice for appendix holsters from folks who carry in that position.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Re: Appendix Carry?

I carry a glock 17, g19, and sig p220 aiwb regularly and don't find it uncomfortable. Main thing is getting everything situated properly.

sent via iCarry

I have Alessi Talon, Ritchie Nighthawk, High Noon Public Secret, and HBE Pro Slim......all are excellent AIWB holsters!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Re: Appendix Carry?

My Crossbreed Appendix Carry just shipped today, 2 weeks after ordering it which is way ahead of what they promise. It's a brand new holster for them so ill have to wait to receive it to say for sure but a Crossbreed has never disappointed me in the least. Everyone has their brand they worship though lol... And at around 60 bucks its MUCH cheaper than some other holsters people recommend on here and it's still hand made in america.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links