Cowhide Holster maker recommendations

This is a discussion on Cowhide Holster maker recommendations within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Try TTGunleather. I've ordered from Tim in the past and he's been quick and responsive....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Cowhide Holster maker recommendations

Try TTGunleather. I've ordered from Tim in the past and he's been quick and responsive.
    Retired Combat Infantryman, Ranger, Special Forces, Master Parachutist, Pathfinder

Oderint Dum Metuant

Springfield M1A Scout and M4 (Zombie Apocalypse), Remington 870 (Home Defense), Kimber Pro TLE II (EDC), Sig P238 (BUG)

2. Remove Ads

There are literally hundreds to choose from. I am very happy with the quality, fit, price, and turnaround time of UBG Hosters. I also just ordered one from TT Gunleather. There are some real master holster makers on this site. Check out this link:

Mega holster maker's links list - thread updated

I know that you mentioned you were familiar with Milt Sparks, but you might want to take a serious look at their Versa Max 2. I've been through a few cowhide and Kydex holsters (all leather, all Kydex, and combo). You can find a comfortable position for most of them, but it usually takes some work and adjustment. Sometimes they are not easy to draw and/or reholster, and sometimes retention isn't what you would expect. Most were fine to pretty good, but that was it.

A few days ago I received the VM2 that I ordered nearly six months ago. It was a thing of beauty. But even more importantly, it was extremely comfortable (the size / cant is very good, and it seems to flex with you better than most holsters as you move), has a very natural draw & reholster, and so far has a firm fit that seems just right. Before I purchased this I had recommendations from several people, read many positive reviews, and couldn't find anything negative other than the price and the wait. So, while it's only been a few days, it is already my favorite holster.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Do you have something against horsehide? (Milt Sparks)
    It "squeaks" too much. It tends to make noise when I move with it on. Break-in helps, but ultimately I'm just happier when the leather is quiet from the get-go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links