Holster Sellers, Builders and Brokers.....Help me Hide This....Seriously.....

This is a discussion on Holster Sellers, Builders and Brokers.....Help me Hide This....Seriously..... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Strong Side, Cross-Draw, Appendix Carry Front....NO IWB......Get Creative.......2.5" S&W 66 and a 2" 64 with Bobbed Hammer....Should use the same rig right? Concealment, Retainment and ...

Thread: Holster Sellers, Builders and Brokers.....Help me Hide This....Seriously.....

Holster Sellers, Builders and Brokers.....Help me Hide This....Seriously.....

Strong Side, Cross-Draw, Appendix Carry Front....NO IWB......Get Creative.......2.5" S&W 66 and a 2" 64 with Bobbed Hammer....Should use the same rig right? Concealment, Retainment and Fast access are key......Help me out please....Thank you.....Sandpiper

Last edited by Sandpiper; November 15th, 2012 at 09:06 AM.

2. Remove Ads

It's an antique, even has Pachmayrs on it.

The Model 66 has been around a long, long time, every maker will have well-tested holsters available for it.

Personally I find the advanced IWB (moulded leather with 20-25 degrees of carry angle) to be the best way to hide revolvers up to 4". Whether you agree will depend on your taste in holster styles, as it would with your taste in girls. Here's one (holster, not girl) that's been around as long as the M66:

null copy ((1).JPG

It's an antique, even has Pachmayrs on it.

The Model 66 has been around a long, long time, every maker will have well-tested holsters available for it.

Personally I find the advanced IWB (moulded leather with 20-25 degrees of carry angle) to be the best way to hide revolvers up to 4". Whether you agree will depend on your taste in holster styles, as it would with your taste in girls. Here's one (holster, not girl) that's been around as long as the M66:

null copy ((1).JPG

Note that it places the cylinder of the revolver in the soft, fleshy area we call "the waist".

*drools* What a beauty!
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I have a DM bullard dual carry for mine. A K-frame is not easy to conceal.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Send it to me. I guarantee you will never see it again. Seriously
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

I edited the Thread to restrict IWB carry Red, though I appreciate your suggestion, I have too much Sandpiper in my pants to make room for a holster and this gun. I really don't want to replace my clothing at this point in my life. I'm 66 and want my Carry to appear as though nothing is new. Thank you for the suggestions so far. It really is hard to find guys who carry K Frames anymore. J Frames are too small with factory grips for me, and if I have to add grips, I may as well carry a K and get the extra round and the advantage of a handful of Gun........

"too much sandpiper in my pants already", v good. In cases like that I suggest the advanced paddle holsters, of which Aker makes the best for revolvers:

aker conceal (1).jpeg

If a paddle is not to your liking, then I'm thinking your query is too general, because for the old Ks there are so many holster types -- horizontal or vertical and even upside down shoulder holsters, etc., etc., etc., etc., -- that we on the forum will then just be guessing.

Why oh why did I sell my 2 1/2" 66 years ago!

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    My absolute favorite OWB rig for SP101 and S&W K-frame revolvers, carried just behind the point of the hip, is the Milt Sparks PMK. Very, very comfortable!

Quote Originally Posted by rednichols View Post
    "too much sandpiper in my pants already", v good. In cases like that I suggest the advanced paddle holsters, of which Aker makes the best for revolvers:

aker conceal (1).jpeg

If a paddle is not to your liking, then I'm thinking your query is too general, because for the old Ks there are so many holster types -- horizontal or vertical and even upside down shoulder holsters, etc., etc., etc., etc., -- that we on the forum will then just be guessing.

Rednichols....Thanks for the suggestions, and yes Sir...you are correct. I was being vague. It wasn't intentional. I became a handgunner about 25 years ago. I became a legal carrier this year. No provision for Concealed Carry in my State until now. I really had no reason to shop for carry gear until now, and I'm actually not confused...I'm overloaded with choices. Not just styles, but Holster makers who all have some great looking stuff available, but I don't want to start buying a lot of gear that doesn't work at my age. I know I want a Strong Side OWB something, and despite the controversy, I want a Cross Draw something. Because I don't want to buy more guns, I want what I already own to "work". My next post will list a few things I'm looking at and maybe some of you have already been there and can offer further constructive critcism. I will indeed close the door on something by the end of the month, and I too get annoyed when advice is asked for and not responded to.....Trust me...I get it. I also get the helpful attitude of all of you who have offered suggestions. You're not being over-looked. I just need to settle this as soon as possible. Thank you all.....Sandpiper

I thought I had already replied to this thread. I must be getting senile or something.

I have a Model 64 with 2" barrel and bobbed hammer. I carry it OWB in one of two holsters:

One is an OWB "pancake" style holster made by Hays Holsters that carries extremely well.

The other holster is a Don Hume JIT Slide. It is a minimalist-style belt slide holster that is open at the bottom. I usually carry at about 4:30, but 3;00 works well, too.

Here's a pic of my 64 and pancake holster:

64&holster.jpg

lowercase....That's a beauty....We have a 2" 64 being done at Mag-Na-Port right now for a similar treatment. Nice rig....Does the Speed Strip pouch come from Hays as well?

I carry my 66-1 2.5" about 50% of the time in one of my The Slide OWB strong side pancake holster. I also carry my Model 10 2" in one of my The Slides also. Got to love the K-frames!

Just made an exotic for my 66 in Orange stingray I call my "Hunter Special". I will try to post some pics tomorrow. Check out my site because I can make any of my holsters for your K-frames.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Distinguished Member
    Wow, great looking gun. I have not yet carried one similar to that, but I do have some holsters from Jeff Hays. Very nice stuff.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Links