Concealed carry backpack?

This is a discussion on Concealed carry backpack? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by McDonaldUSMC I have a 511 Moab 10 and enjoy it. Great for dragging stuff to and from work and small outdoors treks ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Concealed carry backpack?

Quote Originally Posted by McDonaldUSMC View Post
    I have a 511 Moab 10 and enjoy it. Great for dragging stuff to and from work and small outdoors treks about the city and the woods... When my G19 is inside the hidden pouch you would never know. Only drawback is it isn't "covert" and its obv a tactical bag... Nonetheless I love mine

5.11 Tactical Rush MOAB 10 56964 plus Free Shipping
    This is what I use for the few instances I carry off-body....I also use it as a camera bag...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

2. Remove Ads

Thanks for your responses and inputs. Much appreciated.

I tried carry in a maxpedition monsoon. The idea of off body carry was too unnerving for me. I can't logistically keep it on my shoulder all day but putting it down (within my sight) means me losing my immediate control of my gun. Bad ju ju.

i have a Camelbak Demon backpack (two shoulder straps) which has a separate gun compartment at the bottom, which is accessed through a velcroed opening which sits against the back when you're wearing the pack. i also have a single strap Messenger Bag by Blackhawk, which also has a dedicated gun pocket, and a Maxpedition Jumbo bag with a dedicated gun pocket.

as other posters have said, however, you should maintain possession and control of the bag at all times, and there is no way to disguise the weight of the gun/ammo/reloads that you're carrying.

I have a Targus laptop backpack I carry my everyday stuff in. The laptop compartment is padded and I stash my gun in there at times. Not Maxpedition quality but holding up well after a year.

Why would someone be looking in your bag? My first thought was about baseball games, concerts, or gun shows. At those venues, they usually check backpacks looking for prohibited items like firearms &/or foodstuffs or drugs.

I, too, would be uncomfortable carrying off-body. I can't count the number of times colleagues have left briefcases behind that could well have contained a firearm. I would be too worried about losing control of my firearm by setting a bag on the floor or on a table.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links