Concealed carry backpack?

This is a discussion on Concealed carry backpack? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello all, I was wondering if theres a backpack out there with a false bottom, something I could carry my pistol in, and if anyone ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Concealed carry backpack?

Hello all, I was wondering if theres a backpack out there with a false bottom, something I could carry my pistol in, and if anyone looked inside of my bag would not be able to tell. Thanks for any help.

2. Remove Ads

Here's one

Check out this one. It only has one strap, but I think it may work.

The Smokescreen(TM) Concealment Backpack

2xR

Wow - that is pretty slick! Anyone carry in a BP or lap top style bag?

Sent from my iPhone 5 - using Tapatalk.

Camelbak, Condor, and I think Voodoo Tactical all make backpacks with side zipper compartments where you can hide a gun.
    Drgnfly likes this.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Maxpedition Sitka. It has a compartment that has hook and loop which can accept a pistol. It also swings around to your front with the openings up so you can easily access you firearm. Just lock the zipper to the compartment when you are not carrying. I have tried a good many bags, this is the perfect travel briefcase for casual and business for me with the ability to carry a firearm and extra magazines.
    Maxpedition Sitka Gearslinger Shoulder Sling Tactical Messenger Gear Bag
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

I have a 511 Moab 10 and enjoy it. Great for dragging stuff to and from work and small outdoors treks about the city and the woods... When my G19 is inside the hidden pouch you would never know. Only drawback is it isn't "covert" and its obv a tactical bag... Nonetheless I love mine

5.11 Tactical Rush MOAB 10 56964 plus Free Shipping
    SIGguy229 and Drgnfly like this.
    Semper Fi

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I sometimes carry in an Ogia backpack, just a normal Metro model that has access at the back for a laptop or some such item. The pocket has a dip at the bottom so something in there is secure, and I can easily slip my hand in and retrieve the weapon if I need it. The gun is in a Remore holster when it's in there, so no slip and protection for the trigger.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Re: Concealed carry backpack?

Can't see the need for a gun that needs to be concealed from someone searching or looking into the backpack, if you are legally carrying concealed.

George
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

I'd prefer to carry in a bag. If I come home an drop it on the counter an kids come up an look inside of the bag.. or Im riding around with a new gf, girls are curious ( people in general ) are curious, an she decide's to look in the bag, people naturally get freaked out by the sight of a gun.

I'm not scolding or arguing, but if your gonna' conceal a handgun I wouldn't count on a "secret compartment" in ANY backpack to halt (or even slow down) the curiosity of kids or a new girlfriend. It's gonna' "clunk" against the counter either way. Keep it ON your person & tell 'em hands off.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I carry the maxpedition messenger type bag. I can carry everything I need in it including lunch and a camera if need be. They have a area for your CC gun as well. I ussaly carry my 19 there and still wear my 26 IWB. The bag works very well and gets a lot of use to carry jackets, gloves etc that I may take off and on during the day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by Happypuppy View Post
    I carry the maxpedition messenger type bag. I can carry everything I need in it including lunch and a camera if need be. They have a area for your CC gun as well. I ussaly carry my 19 there and still wear my 26 IWB. The bag works very well and gets a lot of use to carry jackets, gloves etc that I may take off and on during the day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    +1

I carry a versipack with a Glock 17 and some mags. I carry an LCP or J frame in my pocket. Bag gets locked at work when I arrive and at home too at the end of the days.

You have a responsibility as a gun owner to insure that your guns are secure and remain in your control at all times. Leaving your gun unattended and readily accessible to anyone who might find it and handle it is extremely irresponsible. Please, for the safety of others, reconsider your intended carry method and instead choose a method which will keep your firearm secure and in your possession at all times.

By the way, welcome to the forum. Please be safe.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    You have a responsibility as a gun owner to insure that your guns are secure and remain in your control at all times. Leaving your gun unattended and readily accessible to anyone who might find it and handle it is extremely irresponsible. Please, for the safety of others, reconsider your intended carry method and instead choose a method which will keep your firearm secure and in your possession at all times.

By the way, welcome to the forum. Please be safe.
    Amen! There is nothing wrong with using a backpack to carry very important items, but keep it in your possession at all times, and try to have your primary weapon on your person. (The original post makes it seem that the intention might be to leave the backpack unattended.)

Thewilderness.com and Kifaru.com both sell gun-carrying solutions designed to attach to backpack systems, named the Safepacker and Koala, respectively. The Safepacker, with which I have long experience, can also be used as a belt carry method, or can be toted by itself.

As for simply bringing along an extra handgun, I have used a pistol case, or simply wrapped the pistol in a large rag, and stashed it in a backpack.
    bigmacque likes this.

If you want to hide a gun in a backpack, wrap it in dirty laundry - or a towel...

Anyone touching a backpack with a gun in it will notice that it doesn't feel like an empty backpack....it feels like a backpack with a heavy metal object in it.

Austin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links