Glock Sport/Combat polymer OWB Holster

This is a discussion on Glock Sport/Combat polymer OWB Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Recently received a Glock-made polymer "Sport/Combat" OWB holster for my Glock 30. For all of $17 including shipping, I figured I'd give it a try. ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By glockman10mm

Thread: Glock Sport/Combat polymer OWB Holster

Lightbulb Glock Sport/Combat polymer OWB Holster

Recently received a Glock-made polymer "Sport/Combat" OWB holster for my Glock 30. For all of $17 including shipping, I figured I'd give it a try.

Glock Sport/Combat Holster for 10/45-www.glockmeister.com

My initial impressions are pretty favorable:

- It holds the pistol high and tight to the body (I'm using a Beltman gun belt).

- It's ambidextrous.

- The cant is nice.

- The retention is good.

- It fits many different belt widths (you just need to cut out the appropriate tabs to fit your belt).

- It weighs next to nothing.

- It allows a full grip on the pistol while it is still in the holster (my only complaint about my Tagua leather OWB holster for this gun).

- Being polymer, it is impervious to water and sweat.

I'll still need to try it out long-term, but I suspect it'll work out just fine. It ain't pretty, but since it will be concealed, I really don't care about that...

Anyone else here use these?
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I played around with one. I didn't like how flexible the belt loops were. I just didn't get the feeling of long term durability.

Maybe I was wrong. Hopefully it works out for you. I'd be interested in how it holds up.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

I have some fine custom holsters, the kind you won't find by most makers. And to tell you the truth, for the Glock, the Sport/Combat holster is really about as good as it gets.
    I have used mine for going on 15 years now, and it is my most used with the Glock. You just can't beat it.

The only draw back with a Yaqui style, is sometimes the rivets on my blue jeans rub on the slide leaving brass or copper marks. However, they always come off with a little Hoppes #9 with no I'll effects.
    10thmtn likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I have one and tried to use it when I had to send in my CBST for warranty repair. I could not find a good spot to wear it with the belt loop placement on my jeans. I didn't spend a whole lot of time and need to experiment some more. It was hard to get my CB belt through the belt holes due to it's thickness. It is a damn good value for the money, I just need to spend more time with it.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I have one and wish I had tried them long ago. Has become my favorite over many other expensive customs I have.

I have a couple and love them. The cant is perfect for me. I've used mine everyday for carry or night stand holster going on three years. I use a Beltman Belt like you and it's a great inexpensive option. Anyone that owns Glocks, should get one of these.
    Luis

"Everybody's got a plan, 'til they get hit".

Mike Tyson

I've used mine for over a year now and it wears as well as the first day. I found it works best over my 3:00 belt loop. Running the belt through the loop but behind the holster helps it snug up nice and tight while still allowing you to slide it forward or back a few inches either way for adjustment.

I have one that I use with my 26 when I wear OWB. It is what Fobus should be like by holding the pistol closer to ur body.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

I use one and like it for all the reasons you stated. The only thing I don't like is that it leaves the muzzle a little exposed. It conceals the gun better than anything else I have. It is simple, inexpensive and it works very well. I think Glock got it right and I'm glad I have it.

I have tried various holsters. Always go back to my Glock Sport. I cut it up somewhat, cut the belt loops to make the angle as close to straight up and down as I can Slice the outside (right handed) so I can feel the extractor, it is always loaded, with one in the chamber, just like to check.

Cut the the block on the inside (the little block that protects against inadvertatly pushing the mag release) through the center, you still can not press on the holster, and cause the magazine catch to be pushed in, but you can change mags without un holstering the Glock 19.

This holster is the lightest, tightest one made. I use Glock Magazine pouches, one for a Glock 17 magazine, one for Surfire flashlight. Just put the mag pouch in the sink, run hot water on it, to soften it up, keep forcing the nose of the light into it, till it fits.

I found that the inside top edge of the holster was catching the front of the pistol's mag catch, making holstering a bit more challenging than it needed to be. A few seconds with a knife to bevel that edge and the pistol slides in much easier. So far so good...
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

GH
    That's sure a good price & from everything you guys have said about the holster it sounds like it'll work good for concealment.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Links