Molle Vest Recommendations?

This is a discussion on Molle Vest Recommendations? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm interested in getting a molle vest but I am clueless. I've seen some posts about them on Arfcom & M4 but I'm still not ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By QKShooter
  • 1 Post By HotGuns
  • 2 Post By rocky
  • 1 Post By QKShooter

Thread: Molle Vest Recommendations?

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar

Molle Vest Recommendations?

I'm interested in getting a molle vest but I am clueless. I've seen some posts about them on Arfcom & M4 but I'm still not clear on the matter.

Who makes a good one and is there anything I (a novice) should know about molle vests before I buy one?

I'm planning on a very basic and simple rig. I want to holster a G19 on my chest, have room for an Esee 4 and have space for four or five 30 round P-Mags. I'll probably at some point add a simple first aid kit.

Any suggestions? What are your thoughts? Does anyone have first hand experience with molle vests?

Thanks for your input/help,
    DCG

2. Remove Ads

Re: Molle Vest Recommendations?

Check out Smokey Mountain Knife Works and look for the Colt "mesh vest" I think the item number is CT393. It's $36.99 in their catalog.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

I suggest a small chest rig.

Austin

Administrator
    Check here
    Blackhawk, BDS Tactical, 5.11 Tactical and CamelBak Vests / Chest Rigs at ReactGear.com

> Original S.O.E. gear - expect to wait.

> BCM 03 Modular split front chest harness

> MAV Tactical Tailor

> Shaddox Tactical LLC
    does custom work.
    DefConGun likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Thanks for the tips guys.

QK, who makes the best rig or are your recommendations pretty much on par with one another?
    Thanks for the advice!

You get what you pay for. I think Condor Tactical will have what you need.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Senior Moderator
    I've had a few issued to me and the only one worth a dang comes from Blackhawk.
    QKShooter likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Lead Moderator
    The best is very subjective, depending on what you find fits and works best for you. The brands QKShooter listed are all recognized names in the industry and good quality. Perhaps decide how and where you will use this vest , then search for what others have used. Warning you may go through several styles/ designs before finding what you find suitable.
    DefConGun and QKShooter like this.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Administrator
    I agree w/ Rocky that it's very much a personal thing. For what you are looking for I don't think you'll need to go the custom made route...say from Tactical Tailor which can get pricy.
    I don't think you could go wrong with one of the newer Blackhawk offerings & their prices are always fair and competitive.

If you would go with something like the Condor Tactical #CV Crossdraw Vest you could get your knife on there and just add a drop leg double mag pouch and you're pretty much home free...Then "Hydrate Or Die" also grab a hydration bladder and if you don't want a lot more "carry weight" then only fill it part way - since with 5 30 rnd mags you're already at Don't Try To Tread Water For Too Long Weight.

But, you may not want to do that. You need to just find out what would best suit your exact preferences.

Also as per Rocky AKA "Warning you may go through several styles/ designs before finding what you find suitable." - This endeavor is somewhat like the closet full of holsters...in that sometimes you'll not always get it right the first time.
    Though I do realize that you're attempting to nail it your first "go round" by asking questions and you DO get kudos for that.

I also should add that you can pay some serious attention to HotGuns and his advice since he is actually "out there" doing it all for real and not giving you any Paintball Warrior advice.
    DefConGun likes this.

I'll have to check everything out on your recommendations gentlemen. I agree that I don't think I'll need a custom rig.

Thanks guys. ;-)

Administrator
    Update us with what you finally end up with. And in the meantime I'm sure that others will post more suggestions here.

It's amazing how much "stuff" is out there these days. It's like being a confused kid in a candy store in that there have never been so many choices.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Update us with what you finally end up with. And in the meantime I'm sure that others will post more suggestions here.

It's amazing how much "stuff" is out there these days. It's like being a confused kid in a candy store in that there have never been so many choices.
    You nailed it. Its great that we have so many choices today. On the downside though, it can be confusing. We're fortunate though that we have forums like this though so others can share their experiences and we can benefit thusly.

I'll be sure to post my rig whenever I get it. It may be awhile though so please don't think I gave up on it if I don't post something immediately.

I'll look forward to more posts if others have ideas.

Links