Quick Review: Crossbreed Holsters Pocket Rocket

This is a discussion on Quick Review: Crossbreed Holsters Pocket Rocket within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I didn't see any previous reviews of Crossbreed Holsters' Pocket Rocket, so thought I'd offer up my quick, initial thoughts. First, despite a warning of ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By pilgrimshooter
  • 1 Post By 10thmtn

Thread: Quick Review: Crossbreed Holsters Pocket Rocket

Thumbs up Quick Review: Crossbreed Holsters Pocket Rocket

I didn't see any previous reviews of Crossbreed Holsters' Pocket Rocket, so thought I'd offer up my quick, initial thoughts.

First, despite a warning of 4-6 week wait for delivery, the holster arrived after about 3 weeks. No fancy packaging--just a plain brown padded envelope and instruction for care, etc.

photo (4).jpg

The holster is well made, with no apparent blemishes or defects. In fact, it looks like a lot of care and attention went into the craftsmanship. The kydex has great retention--not too stiff and not too lose--and the leather is of highly quality and nicely embossed with the Crossbreed Holsters logo.

The holster slips effortlessly into my rear jean pocket and vanishes. To anyone not in the know, it looks like a large wallet. In the jeans I tested, the holster is completely covered by the pocket. You do need a stiff rear pocket though for quick drawing. I found that in a pair of very soft, casual jeans (Tommy Bahama) the holster came out with the gun at least 50% of the time. In a slightly heavier denim (Levi's) I did not have this problem.

My only gripe was that the bottom half inch of the barrel sticks through. Not a worry as far as concealability goes, but I wonder if it might wear through my jeans eventually (but probably no more than anything else in a pocket). I suspect this was done because most rear pockets have a "v" and so the holster can better sit in the pocket.

Anyway, I'd give it a solid 8 out of 10 for those interested.
    MikeyIdaho likes this.
    Don't bring a knife to a gun fight...unless it's strapped to a gun.

2. Remove Ads

Hmmm...that holster looks like it is in desperate need of a thumb push-off, or some other means on ensuring it stays put in the pocket. Crossbreed may make some fine holsters - but this isn't one of them.
    ValpoHawkeye likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Links