Who in their right mind would carry a Walther PPK/S and how would they do it? :)

This is a discussion on Who in their right mind would carry a Walther PPK/S and how would they do it? :) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As big of a Walther and James Bond fan as I am, I don't think I'd carry one given the chance. No FPB means you ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Who in their right mind would carry a Walther PPK/S and how would they do it? :)

As big of a Walther and James Bond fan as I am, I don't think I'd carry one given the chance. No FPB means you really should carry with the safety on, but as a lefty, that becomes a bit of an issue.

If I did get one, it'd be in .32 and I'd only shoot it for fun (and oh boy would it be fun!).
    ,____,
    //' British Agent
    "
    "Happiness is a warm Gun."

2. Remove Ads

The one I dry fired at my LGS had such a terrible trigger that I thought it was broken. I don't know if they all have such heavy trigger pulls but I was turned off immediately.

Is it a good choice for CCW? Maybe

Are there better choices for CCW? Absolutely
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

If I weren't a designer/maker, my girl's pink-handled PPK would be skyfalling from this holster:

1969 (4)b.jpg

Give the late Paris Theodore his due, he was the right man at the right time. It's just that it expired almost immediately when the big boys joined in.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    My PPK was made in around 1962, A cousin brought it back from Europe when he was in the army. Its a 32 auto and heavy for its size. I once used it as a CC gun but wouldn't now because other than its original mag it wont feed reliably. Ive tried Walther and after market but none have worked. Either the first or last round hangs up. DR

Like you, I love the idea of the pistol. I hope to own one someday but there are superior choices for CC out there these days. I think Bond used a shoulder holster so I imagine I'd follow suit.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

I'm a PPS owner. I picked the gun up when I traded in my 642 snubbie. Honestly, it was an impulse buy. It's a great shooting gun but havent considered it as a carry option because of the size to capacity. If I cant get my hands on a Shield before summertime I might just go ahead and start carrying. After all it does have a much smaller footprint than my XD subcompact.

The Walther PPK/S is a gun I've always wanted not so much for carry but just to have in the collection. I mean afterall it's James Bond's gun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links