Who in their right mind would carry a Walther PPK/S and how would they do it? :)

This is a discussion on Who in their right mind would carry a Walther PPK/S and how would they do it? :) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just sayin'.......Seems pretty goofy to me, but then again, I'm pretty much the poster boy for idiots..........What say ye? ( I need to smack a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Who in their right mind would carry a Walther PPK/S and how would they do it? :)

Who in their right mind would carry a Walther PPK/S and how would they do it? :)

Just sayin'.......Seems pretty goofy to me, but then again, I'm pretty much the poster boy for idiots..........What say ye? ( I need to smack a Smiley face on this bad boy).......I love the pistol but have never owned one.......Sandpiper
    Last edited by Sandpiper; November 17th, 2012 at 12:24 AM.

2. Remove Ads

Three words: Bond, James Bond.
    Don't bring a knife to a gun fight...unless it's strapped to a gun.

............:) Saw "Skyfall" yesterday..............Most fun I've had in a good long time.

I would. And whats wrong with it? Very slim, low profile, and accurate classy little piece. The fixed barrel gives it great accuracy, and, the 9mm Kurtz has adequate power for personal defense uses. Its slim profile make it an incredibly IWB carry gun.

Yeah, I like it.
    Sandpiper likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

The Gun Control Act of 1968 caused development of the PPK/S. It was made a bit longer & a bit heavier to meet ATF import requirements for the US (a significant market apparently..... lotsa 007 fans). Adding length to the tang & re-angling the feed ramps (later) was a good idea too. In stainless it's kinda cute, & accuracy/reliability have improved over the years, so I'd get one for my wife if I didn't think it was over-priced and she'd never get used to the dang trigger!
    I personally don't like any semi-auto w/o a slide stop & don't care for the .380 when you can get a standard 9mm in similar size..... and a .40 that's not much bigger.

OK....I got a little attention.....I want one of these so bad I can taste it. Either a German or French or Interarms pistol will do.....I'm afraid to buy a S&W used because of the initial problems. The PPK/S is the one pistol I've never had that keeps calling my name.....Glockman10mm, if you carry yours, how do you do it? I'm serious about this gun.....Thanks....Sandpiper

Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    OK....I got a little attention.....I want one of these so bad I can taste it. Either a German or French or Interarms pistol will do.....I'm afraid to buy a S&W used because of the initial problems. The PPK/S is the one pistol I've never had that keeps calling my name.....Glockman10mm, if you carry yours, how do you do it? I'm serious about this gun.....Thanks....Sandpiper
    I rarely carry mine. But I when I did, I used a soft IWB at 5 o'clock just behind the right hip bone. I actually carried that gun when I got married.

And yes, there are other guns made for more potent calibers that are just as small. But the PPK/S was designed for this cartridge, and other guns are just scaled down guns chambered for a more powerful cartridge. In my mind, this makes the durability of the small guns chambered for more powerful cartridges questionable.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

my feelings are that if you like a particular gun for CC, and you have confidence in it, who cares what anyone else thinks - even part of your own mind! if you wait for universal approval for what you're doing, you'll never get anything done - and people will ding you for that, too.

"but it's all right now. i've learned my lesson well. you see, you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself." Rick Nelson

Go for it (mr. Bond.).... Eddie.

Administrator
    Lots of folks do carry one. The downside is that it's a bit heavy for it's capacity but, the upside to that is that it's built like a tank AKA overbuilt for the caliber and consequently the recoil is extremely manageable. It's also incredibly accurate but, it DOES require factory mags since it does not usually feed very well with cheaper aftermarket magazines.
    It's also VERY ergonomic and it's a true natural pointer in that it hits right where you look.
    My Wife will carry one sometimes in an OWB holster and she shoots it very well.

Once you find out what ammo it likes best...it keeps on going like the Energizer Bunny...and it runs as smooth as a Singer Sewing Machine.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I always liked the PPK also, but never owned one. I almost bought one about 20 years ago, but ended up with a Sig P230 because it felt a little better in my ham hands. I still have the Sig and love it, but I'm still hoping to find an older (possibly a wartime) PPK one of these days for my collection.

VIP Member
    I bought a PPK years ago as a primary CCW, in fact it inspired my user name about the time I joined here. What caught my eye is that is was slim and well-built. Honestly, I don't really CC it anymore, though I don't have a conclusive reason not to. In the last several years so many handguns have been designed to CC, and there are lots of good ones out there. I've had fun buying and carrying them.

Lately it has been G27, XDs, PPS, though now I've evolved into CCing a full sized Sig whenever possible.

The PPK is a heavy little gun compared to many others. Heck, Sigs are too. However I like 'em all.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Sponsor
    Definitely not a bad choice for CC. To answer your second questions, this is how they would carry it.

Walther PPK/S ACE-1 Holster

feature, small.jpg

Thanks,
    Clay
    The Most Advanced Hybrid Holsters- Custom Formed for over 200 guns! 30 Day Money Back Guarantee, Lifetime Warranty
    www.shtfgear.com

www.facebook.com/shtf.gear

Glock 42 Holsters now shipping! www.shtfgear.com/ACE-1-GLOCK-42
    XDs 4.0 Holsters now shipping! www.shtfgear.com/ACE-1-SPR-XDS-4

Lead Moderator
    I know a few LEO's who carry them for a BUG still. Nothing wrong with the pistol.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    I owned a S&W when they first came out, had a Tiger Edition. They advise a break in period of 500 rounds and they are right. It takes EVERY bit of 500 to break it in. From there is was FLAWLESS. Kind of cool to own and EVERYONE should have one, but I wouldn't get another.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links