Just bought a XDs. Opinions on holsters?

This is a discussion on Just bought a XDs. Opinions on holsters? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just bought an XDs on wednesday. I was having trouble finding one in my area but I finally found one. I currently have a ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Motodeficient
  • 1 Post By MoparNut
  • 1 Post By Cremator75

Thread: Just bought a XDs. Opinions on holsters?

I just bought an XDs on wednesday. I was having trouble finding one in my area but I finally found one. I currently have a CrossBreed Super tuck for my S&W 9mm I was carrying. I was curious if anyone had any advice on the Mini Tuck. I am thinking of purchasing one real soon. I love my Super Tuck. I just think the size of it might be overkill for the XDs. Thanks Daniel

I work withafellow gun enthusiast who recently purchased an XDS and bought the Old faithful holster. Looks andworks great the kydex is the thickest i have seen. Would give this a look

I like my N82 holster. Don't have any experience with others, but the N82 is very comfortable.
    Drgnfly likes this.

Sponsor
    feature, small.jpg

First, congrats on the XDs. Second, check out SHTF Gear holsters. You'll find a set of features you can't get with any brand out there. You can find your holster here

Springfield XDs ACE-1 Holster

Thanks,
    Clay

VIP Member
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Remora! They have a new leather lined holster. Most comfortable IWB I own. I have the typical holster drawer, like most.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    --Richard Henry Lee, 1788

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

I have a Crossbreed Minituck for my XDS. Works great.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Could you be more specific? Other than possibly the stitching I don't see anything different than other makers... Also, the rivets will work loose over time, how are they re-tightened? I've read good reports on your holsters, just trying to pry a little so I can understand your comment better - thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by SHTFGearLLC View Post
    feature, small.jpg

First, congrats on the XDs. Second, check out SHTF Gear holsters. You'll find a set of features you can't get with any brand out there. You can find your holster here

Springfield XDs ACE-1 Holster

Thanks,
    Clay

Silent Thunder makes a great kydex and leather holster. I carry a P220 comfortably with one so the noisy cricket you have would be very easy to carry I would think.
    mfcmb likes this.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Could you be more specific? Other than possibly the stitching I don't see anything different than other makers... Also, the rivets will work loose over time, how are they re-tightened? I've read good reports on your holsters, just trying to pry a little so I can understand your comment better - thank you.
    Good question! There are certainly a number of good holster options out there, but here are a few notes about what makes mine different.

The cut of the leather is a big one, we don't use a "one size fits all" piece of leather for holsters. Since we permanently attach the Kydex with rivets and leather, it allows us to select the smallest size of leather backer that provides coverage for that specific handgun. As a result, the holster is smaller, providing for more comfort (less leather against the skin) while still providing the stability of two belt clips.

Tuckable leather belt loops are also another unique option, as far as I know we are the only maker that offers tuckable leather belt loops for hybrid holsters. (that may have changed since we introduced them about a year ago)

The cut of leather allows for an unimpeded shooting grip of the handgun prior to drawing the weapon, this includes full extension of the thumb parallel to the slide with access to the magazine release. The accessible mag release also allows for the use of extended mag releases without the fear of the holster activating the release.

When you combine those items with the 3-5 day turnaround time, lifetime warranty, quality of the formed Kydex and leather, 30 day money back guarantee and $59.99 price I think it represents a great option.

Thanks!
    Clay

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Additionally, I've been working with leather for over 10 years, and have found that properly set rivets do not loosen. In the unlikely event that they ever did, that would be covered under the lifetime warranty.

Thanks again,
    Clay

Re: Just bought a XDs. Opinions on holsters?

Here's my XDs in an SHTFGear holster for reference.

And nothing has ever come loose on any of the four SHTFGear holsters I have.

Last edited by Cremator75; November 30th, 2012 at 12:23 PM.
    SHTFGearLLC likes this.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354464498.570313.jpg. I just bought this holster a few weeks ago. It is similar to cross breed supertuck, white hat and several others.... It is more comfortable then my CBST that I have for my M&PC and it was about half the cost shipped. Wear it all the time and it is suitable for IWB or OWB.... If you want to see if the person who sold me mine still has them available pm me and I will send you his contact info. He has stuff on eBay but sold to me for $43 shipped to me door ($38 plush shipping).

Links