Moon clip carriers

This is a discussion on Moon clip carriers within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here's a question for all you holster makers. I've seen several carriers for speed loaders that split the belt, ie; 3 on inside and 3 ...

Thread: Moon clip carriers

Moon clip carriers

Here's a question for all you holster makers. I've seen several carriers for speed loaders that split the belt, ie; 3 on inside and 3 on outside. What I'm wondering is, does anyone make a carrier that will work like this for a full moon clip. Right now I'm using the safariland split six for an L frame speedloader to carry my N frame moon clips which work, but not as well as I would like it too. Matt Del Fatti's FMCs work great, if you've got enough cover garment, but with .45ACP it prints more than I would like in my normal concealment.
    "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject."

Sights? What are those?

2. Remove Ads

Partly because the moon clips won't take the strain. The .45 version seems to be the most robust of the moon clips but the rounds are so close together that they won't "split" over a gun belt. They sort of sit on top of it. Having said all that, I do build an SLC-2 for a moon clip. In that design, the clip staddles a kydex insert.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    personaly i went off belt with my moons for my taurus ( the only moon revolver i have now and its 9mm ) now my answer isnt the best .. but what i do is " cotterpin " a plastic pen body on the bottom , cut it off long enough to stack 3 clips on with a bit extra , then cut an erasor to the width , and drill a hole that it compression fits the pen body . I have found that the erasor needs replaced fairly often but the whole assembly tucks into a pocket fine , and if your hugged then somone just thinks your glad to see them . so be carefull to warn swmbo that that is what other women are feeling lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Links