Why Plastic?[kydex]

This is a discussion on Why Plastic?[kydex] within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am a fan of kydex. I think it holds it shape really well, does not collapse when you unholster and go to reholster. It ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Why Plastic?[kydex]

I am a fan of kydex. I think it holds it shape really well, does not collapse when you unholster and go to reholster. It is also thinner so can provide additonal comfort for IWB holsters. I carry a hybrid holster, kydex shell with leather backing worn IWB. My husband made it for me. I like it, I honestly think kydex looks nicer than some of the all leather holsters I have seen. I say that mostly because all leather just make me think of bulky holsters.
    Kydex should not scratch your gun, sometimes dirt or grit can get between the slide and kydex. Leather can wear down finishes also so I don't think one over the other is better for that.

2. Remove Ads

Fairfield Inn, Courtyard, Springhill Suites, Marriott and Hilton hotels
    I see some Kydex holsters are very formed to the gun, like the Kydex was wrapped and melted to the gun....then I see some other Kydex holsters like the ones Dale Fricke makes than do not look to be as form fitted.

Which is better? I need the least amount of bulk for my M&P Shield...thanks!

Fairfield Inn, Courtyard, Springhill Suites, Marriott and Hilton hotels
    I see some Kydex holsters are very formed to the gun, like the Kydex was wrapped and melted to the gun....then I see some other Kydex holsters like the ones Dale Fricke makes than do not look to be as form fitted.

Which is better? I need the least amount of bulk for my M&P Shield...thanks!

There was a time when I wouldn't even have considered owning a holster made from something other than leather, a longarm with a synthetic stock or a Glock handgun. Funny how things change. Nowadays I prefer those exact things. But to stay on subject, I use and like kydex holsters for most of the reasons already stated here by others. Additionally, they give me an impression of practicality, utility, reliability and simplicity that I like. ( Hmmm........that probably explains why I've come to like Glocks as well. ) Ugly - not to me, but then I've always been attracted to short heavyweight Lithuanian female shot putters who wear marching boots - so to each his own, I suppose!
    Last edited by nathanjns; November 20th, 2012 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Spelling Correction

Why Plastic?[kydex]

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjns View Post
    ...but then I've always been attracted to short heavyweight Lithuanian female shot putters who wear marching boots...
    who isn't?

functionality and reliability are extremely sexy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links