Bought a Remora Holster yesterday. - Page 2

Bought a Remora Holster yesterday.

This is a discussion on Bought a Remora Holster yesterday. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by kelcarry Obviously not using it properly . I have a Remora because I hate belts and almost 100% wear drawstring type shorts ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bought a Remora Holster yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Obviously not using it properly. I have a Remora because I hate belts and almost 100% wear drawstring type shorts or athletic pants here in warm low country SC. I have an FN5.7X28 which is a fairly lightweight firearm but is a big firearm and I tuck that baby into the securely tucked Remora, it stays there. The other benefit that addresses some threads on difficulty with CC while driving, is that I am free to "give it a nudge" when in car and have it move out of that pressing position when seated in car--easy to readjust before exiting car. Hey--a holster like this fits the adage "to each his own".
    Lets see here, I put the pistol in the holster. Put the holster in side my belt. Fasten belt....O.K. what am I missing here....

Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    Lets see here, I put the pistol in the holster. Put the holster in side my belt. Fasten belt....O.K. what am I missing here....
    I don't think you're missing anything. If one holster would work for every person, their guns, and their needs, there would only be one type of holster sold. Obviously, this holster doesn't work for you. We all have a drawer full of holsters; at least the Remora was a relatively inexpensive experiment for you. I've got one on order for my P238, fully understanding that I may have the same issues as you. But for the price, and the flexibility of use (IWB/pocket/purse carry if needed), it's worth a try. Thank you for the heads up concerning the limitations of this design.

No inquisition here, but are you putting the holster inside your waistband as well as your belt? I ask only because mine won't wiggle around even if I try!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Ksgunner, is the holster between the belt and pant? If so, that's really not how the Remora is designed to be used. The rubber pads work best with a large surface area to create friction drag.

No, No, No it is inside the waistband.

No, No, No it is inside the waistband.
    I've got Remoras for my Shield and Bodyguard 380. They were a snug fit when I bought them and I could see them pulling the holster out in some conditions, like when drawing from pocket carry, although I never had one come out from IWB. I kept the pistols in them for a couple of weeks pretty much 24/7 and the holsters have loosened up a bit so the guns draw more easily. Has your Remora gotten a good break-in?

Bought a Remora Holster yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad883 View Post
    I missed the Paducah show. Was it pretty good?
    Interesting show. But, the one thing I wish the organizers had thought of was a wifi router so the Vendors could more easily use their credit card machines. In a previous job I have hosted events in that facility and if you ask (and pay) you can get wifi for the entire event center.

Otherwise, there was a nice selection of pistols and lots of rifles. Prices were high, but I expected that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MLittle View Post
    I tried a Remora, but it didn't really work out for me...... Not to upset....it wasn't much money. I carry aiwb and my holster and pistol DID move around on my waist line when I sat down....then stood up. I also don't like the feeling that my handgun is not secured to my belt by a more positive means (belt loops or clip). Like I said, I didn't spend a lot of money on it so no great loss, but I'm not a believer.....
    You should have contacted them. You would have received a full refund (minus shipping of course).
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    Ya, I carry appendix too and found the remora a little unstable for that position. After about fifteen minutes I felt there was no way it was going to stay put all day in that position. I like em, just not for me. I'm glad they work for alot of people though - no denying that and they seem to be a great company.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

I've been thinking of ordering a Remora for my P238. I know Remora makes their holsters for all shapes and sizes of guns but wondered if they work best with the smaller, lighter ones. I keep picturing a fully loaded 30sf eventually sliding off my waist and down my pant leg.

For those of you with Remora's, are you using them for pocket guns or bigger compacts like a Springfield XD or Glock 19, 23 or 30?

Quote Originally Posted by SLS075 View Post
    I've been thinking of ordering a Remora for my P238. I know Remora makes their holsters for all shapes and sizes of guns but wondered if they work best with the smaller, lighter ones. I keep picturing a fully loaded 30sf eventually sliding off my waist and down my pant leg.

For those of you with Remora's, are you using them for pocket guns or bigger compacts like a Springfield XD or Glock 19, 23 or 30?
    I added the size 10 for my XD9 (4") to my order today. Limatunes/Limalife has a youtube review of the Remoras, and she commented that the larger gun (Gov't 1911) seemed to be more stable than the P238, due to the increased surface area of the holster. I'll be able to compare full size vs. subcompact as soon as my order arrives.

- I use it for a Kahr P380, Kahr PM9, Glock 19. My wife uses one for her S&W 638. All IWB.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Great holster and I even got a owb for my s & w govenor.

Re: Bought a Remora Holster yesterday.

I have one for my 229 & 238. Both stay put very well. I wouldn't wear the 229 in looser pants or without a belt, but the lighter gun stays put even in lightweight women's dress slacks.

I've put my Makarov 380 in it also with dress pants and while it felt strange, it didn't move around.

Distinguished Member

Re: Bought a Remora Holster yesterday.

I've used one with a full size M&P 45 and it worked well.

Sent from my LG Optimus Elite using Tapatalk 2
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links