Bought a Remora Holster yesterday. - Page 3

Bought a Remora Holster yesterday.

This is a discussion on Bought a Remora Holster yesterday. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been considering ordering a Remora for a while. I typically carry a Ruger LCR in a Desantis Nemesis which either goes in my pocket ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bought a Remora Holster yesterday.

I've been considering ordering a Remora for a while. I typically carry a Ruger LCR in a Desantis Nemesis which either goes in my pocket or worn like a Remora IWB and have absolutely loved it because it allows me to tuck the gun low enough to get the grip just above my waist line, most comfortable and best concealment for me. I've picked up a few new pistols for CC in the past few days and have been contemplating holster options. Taurus TCP .380, Taurus PT709 and a Walther PPK/S (which probably won't get carried to often, but carry was a consideration when I bought it)

The TCP is getting a Sneaky Pete belt pouch holster but I was wondering if anyone has ever carried a PT709 or Walther PPK/S in a Remora and if so, how did they like it? For the price I figure it isn't too big of a risk to buy a holster for each and if I don't like it I'm not out a lot of money.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. - Han Solo
    NRA Member

I like my Remora but I feel that it does move around after awhile especially if I move around and bend down a lot. If I tighten my belt super tight, it would stay better but be too uncomfortable to wear. I think the remora is a good holster for those short trips say to the grocery store but I don't like it for all day wear.

I do have a couple Remora holster myself and.........you are a funny guy. Loved your post!!
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

OK, I'm gonna try one for my 5" DLSports 1911. It's on it's way. I'll let you all know how it handles a full size steel .45
    Certified Infidel

For all of you remora lovers out there, would you recommend one for a Glock 19? There's a local gun show so I figure I can pick one up there. Will it work for a skinny guy like me? The no belt part sounds amazing! I hate them.
    So I would like to hear about how they work for a Glock. Not to steal the OP thunder or anything I just thought it fit in well here

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBadger417 View Post
    For all of you remora lovers out there, would you recommend one for a Glock 19? There's a local gun show so I figure I can pick one up there. Will it work for a skinny guy like me? The no belt part sounds amazing! I hate them.
    So I would like to hear about how they work for a Glock. Not to steal the OP thunder or anything I just thought it fit in well here
    I use one (#10) for my Glock 19. It is the only holster I use for it now. I was out last weekend cutting, splitting, and stacking firewood for several hours with it on and never had any problems with it moving or needing adjustment. I do use a belt with mine so I do not know how well it would work without one for the Glocks, but I also use one for my S&W 442 and it works fine with just sweatpants.

I use one for a 26. I think it stays in place better than the one for a S&W 642. More surface area to grip I imagine.

I bought one for my Glock 19 out of curiosity mostly. I use it for a brief Mexican carry to the mailbox and back and it's quite handy as a driving holster in crossdraw position. I wouldn't use it for all day carry. YMMV.

I got my remora on thursday and since then I have been wearing it around the house. I am waiting for my CC to come in. So far I have had it on with jeans and a belt, sweatpants and this morning knit type shorts the latter 2 I have tied them up but not overly tight. I have not noticed this holster moving anymore then I would say is normal and I really dont notice it being annoying to me. I will have it on more today since I should be home all day. It does seem to hold better when I tuck inside my underware right next to my skin. It draws very nice I leave my gun in the holster each night and it seems to have formed it to much better it stays snug until I draw it. I ordered mine last weekend and remora had a 15% black friday sale I paid 26.00 to my door. So far I am pleased!

- I have a Remora for my Glock 19. If your pants are snug with the Glock 19 now, then the Remora would work well. Otherwise, it would work MUCH better with a belt.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

I have a kahr CM9 in my remora.

They have a 'holiday10' right now for 10% off, if anyone is interested.

Just ordered one for my Nano. Remora's just work for me. I used one when I carried an LCR too. It made appendix carry a breeze.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links