Bought a Remora Holster yesterday.

This is a discussion on Bought a Remora Holster yesterday. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm ashamed to admit it, but I have a " Barbecue CCW ". It's totally custom, devilishly handsome & entirely too expensive. Extraordinary measures & ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bought a Remora Holster yesterday.

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I have a "Barbecue CCW". It's totally custom, devilishly handsome & entirely too expensive. Extraordinary measures & stupid money were required to get something I had wanted for decades that simply wasn't available off-the-shelf. It IS a fighting pistol (no engraving, precious-metal plating or pearl grips). I'm not gonna' to describe it 'cause I don't wanna' hear any "gun snob" or "elitist" comments from anyone. It's my money, I have enough to occasionally indulge myself, so mind your own damn business(es) .

I tell you this only to make clear how seriously I took my holster choice, as I decided it was almost criminal to have this quality of practical handgun stuck away in the safe. I had to now pick a IWB holster for my full-size autoloader (hint, hint). But the bluing was so beautifully deep (almost black) that Kydex was not ideal. Leather is great (I like Milt Sparks) but I'd been hearing good stuff about Remora holsters from our DC family. I'm at a local GS yesterday and, lo & behold, there's a big "REMORA HOLSTER" sign in the far corner. Seemed like an omen so I made a beeline. Met a nice guy behind the table who was delighted that he didn't have to explain any benefits of a Remora holster. In fact, I told him! He DID, however, make an interesting comment. His sales double every single time he repeats at a GS. Word of mouth sells his product & it was his 1st time in Kentucky. I bought a reinforced-top model and hurried home. I wore it all day today forgetting it was there in about 20 minutes. It stays exactly where you put it. It babies both my candy-ass AND my gun's flawless finish. It's the best (yep, BEST) $25 (I got a believer's discount) handgun accessory I have ever purchased. Go buy one & see for yourself. Now, if I can just find free .357 sig ammo (hint, hint) I'm all set.
    bandrich likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

2. Remove Ads

Love Remora!

I just received my Remora last week and absolutely love it! It stays put and after following the stretching guide from their website, my 4" XD .45 fits like a glove.

I think what really does it for me is that it is so simple; therefore fits into my KISS motto.....

Distinguished Member
    Missus Whoppo and I have Remora holsters for all of our carry guns.. Love 'em!
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

I tried a Remora, but it didn't really work out for me...... Not to upset....it wasn't much money. I carry aiwb and my holster and pistol DID move around on my waist line when I sat down....then stood up. I also don't like the feeling that my handgun is not secured to my belt by a more positive means (belt loops or clip). Like I said, I didn't spend a lot of money on it so no great loss, but I'm not a believer.....

my Remora cost me $33 at a local gun show. i guess i didn't get a 'believer's discount'.

i haven't used it often enough for a final judgement, but things look good so far.

dear ghost tracker: a 10mm Delta Elite-type 5", 1911, chambered for .357SIG (?). that would be awesome! so would a customized P-226, but that wouldn't be as unusual, IMO. still great to have, though.

saw a test, years ago in Handguns magazine, where the testers put .40S&W and .357SIG barrels, as well as the stock 10mm barrel in a Delta Elite to test recoil, accuracy, and reliability of these cartridges against each other. my memory says that .357SIG was 100% reliable during their testing.

I am wearing one right now. There was a gun show close by this weekend but I didn't make it.

Just ordered a new Milt Sparks IWB for my new ruger sp101 and the wait is 5 months. Long wait but worth every minute.

I used a Remora for my LCP, but it was too small to be comfortable carrying it.

I used a Remora for my Glock 27, but it kept on wiggling it's way down and would sit too low on my waist line.

I don't have them anymore.

I bought a remora for my lc9 when I draw my weapon sometimes my holster comes out with the pistol.

Ghost Tracker - just curious, was your gun show in Paducah, KY? My wife and I purchased Remora holsters there today. We'll see. I am a bit skeptical, but I will give it a try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wearing mine now and everyday, for about 15 hrs a day, even forget its there, also have a smart carry, love it but you must be standing to get a 9mm Beretta out quickly,

Quote Originally Posted by NoBite View Post
    Ghost Tracker - just curious, was your gun show in Paducah, KY? My wife and I purchased Remora holsters there today. We'll see. I am a bit skeptical, but I will give it a try.
    Yep.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I missed the Paducah show. Was it pretty good?

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad883 View Post
    I missed the Paducah show. Was it pretty good?
    Better than the usual effort at Traders Mall. Attracted some new vendors from a wider geographic area. The Julian Carroll Convention Center has tall ceilings, good lighting, easy parking, overall a nice venue. Prices were historically high, but that's the case everywhere. Spoke to some old vendor friends who had also set-up at the HUGE Tulsa show and they said they we're selling more goods in Paducah. (?)

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    I bought a remora for my lc9 when I draw my weapon sometimes my holster comes out with the pistol.
    Obviously not using it properly. I have a Remora because I hate belts and almost 100% wear drawstring type shorts or athletic pants here in warm low country SC. I have an FN5.7X28 which is a fairly lightweight firearm but is a big firearm and I tuck that baby into the securely tucked Remora, it stays there. The other benefit that addresses some threads on difficulty with CC while driving, is that I am free to "give it a nudge" when in car and have it move out of that pressing position when seated in car--easy to readjust before exiting car. Hey--a holster like this fits the adage "to each his own".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links