IWB hoster question

This is a discussion on IWB hoster question within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by DroidGeorge Sorry to throw this off topic for a second, who does the printing on the kydex? Crossbreed or is it an ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: IWB hoster question

Quote Originally Posted by DroidGeorge View Post
    Sorry to throw this off topic for a second, who does the printing on the kydex? Crossbreed or is it an after market person?

George
    As far as I know, Crossbreed does not offer printed kydex...I think they only offer one solid color which is black.

The printed kydex is offered by White Hat Holsters Concealed Handgun Holsters and Holster Parts & Accessories - White Hat

I don't know who does the printing on the kydex...You'll have to ask White Hat Holsters about that.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    IMESHO, this is a good way to ensure you do not like IWB and is almost guarenteed to start/add to an inised holster box. Save $$$ by buying quality up front. I prefer the Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro, but you have posted an aversion to leather. Mine get sweat on all the time and it does not seem to bother them. The. Again, I wear an undershirt under them.
    1+++
    This is why many don't like shoulder rigs because they buy the cheap ill fitting stuff and then never get to the point to try a quality rig.
    Old Faithful can be bought for $35 or less if you want to put some of it together. This way you get a first rate holster for 1/2 the price.

Been looking for my first IWB holster and have been drawn to the N82. One of the chief reasons is I do not like undershirts and the N82 has leather covering the grip. For those with the many IWB holsters that do not have anything between the grip and the skin or undershirt, does the butt begin to irritate?

VIP Member
    The butt of the gun irritates little to me as opposed to rear of the slide. The cant of the holster and a shield for that slide helps a lot in being comfortable for me. Theres a bunch of IWB holsters on the market to try...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Re: IWB hoster question

Thanks for all the replies, im researching the holsters, ya'll gave some interesting info.

Using Tapatalk :D

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    IMESHO, this is a good way to ensure you do not like IWB and is almost guarenteed to start/add to an inised holster box. Save $$$ by buying quality up front. I prefer the Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro, but you have posted an aversion to leather. Mine get sweat on all the time and it does not seem to bother them. The. Again, I wear an undershirt under them.
    Just because someone has a $150 holsters versus a $60 holster does not mean it will be more comfortable and of a higher quality. Biggest myth of gun holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by sioux565 View Post
    Just because someone has a $150 holsters versus a $60 holster does not mean it will be more comfortable and of a higher quality. Biggest myth of gun holsters.

When it comes to comfort, the holster is not the real problem, its the 1lb to 2lb piece of steel/polymer gun you are trying to carry and how well you can let your body adapt to the carry style you have chosen.

Alex

Holsters do not make guns comfortable to carry, holsters do not conceal gun, they make them a bigger package.
    Philly Boy likes this.
    High Noon Holsters
    www.HighNoonHolsters.com

When you look at Crossbreed, consider the Minituck as well as the Supertuck. It's my favorite for smaller guns like my LC9.

The fatter, flabbier the wearer, the more difficult it is to find a comfortable IWB holster. Trying to match a relatively flat 7" piece of steel & polymer to the centerline profile of a beach ball is a difficult task for even the most innovative designer & skilled craftsman. If we're serious about being & staying concealed, we might need to consider being equally serious about having & maintaining a flat area somewhere around our waistline!

It's kinda' like blaming our laces for our shoes being too tight.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I had never heard of ITAC - looked it up....seems like they only make paddle holsters out of injection molded plastic. iTAC DEFENSE Is this what you've been using?

As for tuckable IWB - it is going to be much more concealable than OWB with a paddle - no matter what holster you choose. Drawing from a tucked in shirt is quite slow in relation to other common methods of carry - my opinion of course. I would think a quality concealment OWB or IWB holster is going to be a big step up from what you are already used to carrying - whether tuckable or not.

Austin

Although some will no doubt disagree, I think you'll be hard pressed to tuck a shirt around a gun of that size w/o a good sized bulge, especially if you like to tuck your shirt in snugly. I'm 5-11 / 165lbs / slim build and have tried tucking my shirt around my Ruger SR9c (similar in size to your Glock) in a Garrett Industries Silent Thunder Slim AIWB. Shirt tucks ok but I look like I have a huge cancerous bulge at 2 o'clock. It might be different for different body types.

Empty the chamber and load the clip so you have a realistic weight and balance (do NOT chamber a round) and stuff the gun into your pants at the location you think you want carry. Then tuck your shirt in. It will be awkward but you can get it done. Look in the mirror. What do you see? Now remember, when in a holster, things will be even wider/thicker. Don't forget about ride heights and cant.

I have the same model holster for my Ruger LC9 and it is much easier to tuck that setup w/o a noticeable bulge. IMHO it all boils down to how you like to dress and what you'll accept.

It'll be fun figuring it all out.

+1 for N82 Tatical

IWB hoster question

Quote Originally Posted by jaypowell0185 View Post
    +1 for N82 Tatical
    I concur. N82 pro with LC9 and it works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't forget your LGS. While I can't speak for everyone's, mine has been invaluable in providing advice and help selecting the right holster for me. Even went so far as to let me try before I buy. While the 2 or 3 minutes can't tell you if you will absolutely love the holster, it will let you know right away how it will initially feel.

I'm 5'11" 225lbs, I wear either an XDM3.8compact in a crossbreed supertuck ($70 for cowhide hybrid) or a kahr cm9 in an ozarks IWB (cbst clone) ($45 for horsehide hybrid) at around 8-8:30 (3:30-4 for a righty) and its amazingly comfortable, like 8 hour car rides with no problem comfortable, and very concealable, like tucked in at church with no one the wiser concealable. I tried a cheap uncle mikes IWB for my kahr, someone told me that the holster didn't make a difference and their uncle mikes was as good as my cbst, it was the most uncomfortable thing EVER if its all I'd ever used I'd have never tried IWB again, got my ozark and it, like the cbst, with its dual clips and adjustable cant for ride height and grip angle to hide it just right, its like night and day from a single clip non adjustable like an uncle mikes. So I'd say anyone that says the holster doesn't help with comfort or concealing is full of cow manure. But you can get a quality IWB holster for pretty inexpensive (see prices above).

Phillip

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links