IWB hoster question

This is a discussion on IWB hoster question within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, I'm ready to buy my first IWB holster to wear with a tucked in shirt. I have used an ITAC owb and love it. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: IWB hoster question

IWB hoster question

Ok, I'm ready to buy my first IWB holster to wear with a tucked in shirt. I have used an ITAC owb and love it. I don't know anything about IWB holsters, I live in high humidity area, and don't think I would like leather. Thanks for any help.

Using Tapatalk

2. Remove Ads

You'll do tons of research and get plenty of suggestions. Here's mine... n82. IWB, tuckable with a "sweat shield" backing.

http://n82tactical.com/n82store/

Info on the construction

Patented Design «
    JeffD and Drgnfly like this.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

Re: IWB hoster question

Check Desantis Tuckit II holster if that is your requirements. It is nylon which means it is soft so re-holstering once drawn is tough. It had a pouch on the front of it for a spare magazine, which I removed because it was too small to securely hold a magazine. But holds the pistol well enough.

George
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

mrm
    Crossbreed super tuck all the way
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
    - Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

Also it's for a glock 23 and I will have a tshirt against my skin then holster, then a button up over the holster and tucked in.

Using Tapatalk

Go here first so you can find out about lite duty.....extreme duty.......low ride ...........high ride. Holster Help

Go here and take your time, get an education in concealed carry. http://www.highnoonholsters.com/_Que...questions.html

All the suggestions you get here will be good but, it all depends on what job you have for the holster. So other questions need to be answered, so you get the right holster the 1st time out.

Justin
    Last edited by High Noon; November 19th, 2012 at 09:27 AM.
    JeffD likes this.
    High Noon Holsters
    www.HighNoonHolsters.com

Just look for hybrid holsters: crossbreed, white hat, old faithful (my favorite), comp tech, etc. All are based on the same idea and you really can't go wrong with any of these.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffD View Post
    Ok, I'm ready to buy my first IWB holster to wear with a tucked in shirt. I have used an ITAC owb and love it. I don't know anything about IWB holsters, I live in high humidity area, and don't think I would like leather. Thanks for any help.

Using Tapatalk
    You are going to get about 100 different replies with about 100 different suggestions. Good luck!
    Sarge65 and Drgnfly like this.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

My suggestion to you would be to buy a CHEAP IWB holster to see if you will even like carrying IWB first. Then, decide which quality company you would want to buy from. I have had good luck now with Kramer IWB holsters, especially his #3. I also use a FIST iwb kydex holster . Very comfortable with a glock 19/23.
    Just remember, carrying a gun is all about the belt too. Buy a high quality belt to use when carrying.

Good luck

Crossbreed Supertuck in Horsehide.
    MikeyIdaho and ss13of like this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

MaxTuck from White Hat Holsters Concealed Handgun Holsters and Holster Parts & Accessories - White Hat

The interchangeable kydex options where very important to me because I wanted the ability to carry any of my handguns at any given time. For less than $20.00 for a replacement kydex and about 1 minute of my time, I can switch from carrying my Walther PPQ to carrying my Springfield XDS. Same thing goes fro the magazine holders...replacement kydex is under $10.00.

I wanted a holster that wouldn't become obsolete when my gun collection grew and my preferred carry gun changed.

And if you want a more customized look you can get an image printed on the kydex
    MaxTuck Black Cowhide-172.jpg

My MaxTuck is also very comfortable. I opted for the black horsehide with the "constitution" kydex.

I live in Texas so being comfortable in the heat is also a big concern for me. I decided to add some Dr. Scholl's moleskin to the back which I think gave it a little bit better feel and breathability on the hotter days.

Anyway, I couldn't be more pleased with my MaxTuck from White Hat Holsters.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Sorry to throw this off topic for a second, who does the printing on the kydex? Crossbreed or is it an after market person?

George
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whododat View Post
    My suggestion to you would be to buy a CHEAP IWB holster to see if you will even like carrying IWB first.
    IMESHO, this is a good way to ensure you do not like IWB and is almost guarenteed to start/add to an inised holster box. Save $$$ by buying quality up front. I prefer the Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro, but you have posted an aversion to leather. Mine get sweat on all the time and it does not seem to bother them. The. Again, I wear an undershirt under them.
    JDE101 and ncsu08ms3 like this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links