Safariland 1051 shoulder holster question

This is a discussion on Safariland 1051 shoulder holster question within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone ever used this holster? I have one of their OWB holsters that operates the same and really like it. Both have a level ...

Thread: Safariland 1051 shoulder holster question

Has anyone ever used this holster? I have one of their OWB holsters that operates the same and really like it. Both have a level 2 retention, which involves pushing down a lever with your thumb as you take your grip.

I understand from previous posts that a good quality leather holster is the way to go. The 1051 is a kydex that I believe has a soft lining. It is made to be adjustable so that you can carry it either horizontally or vertically. I can't find a whole lot about it, on google or You Tube.

My main question is comfort, printing of the harness through a shirt, etc. They cost about $110 at 2 different places. I understand the Miami Classic II is about $150, so not a huge difference. One advantage to the Safariland would be one-handed re-holster.

Man, I feel sorry for whoever designed this holster. Cause no one apparently uses it. Maybe, I should post this on a law enforcement forum. I have a feeling that's who is buying these. Might just go for the Miami Classic.

I wanted to buy one of these holster, but they do not list it for my gun, and their customer service basically says there is no interchangeability. Bummer!
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Don't know much about that holster, but Black Hills Leather & Fist make nice shoulder holsters.

Links