New ccp and holster

New ccp and holster

This is a discussion on New ccp and holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I got ccp about a week ago and started carrying the next day. I bought a blackhawk! Sport holster from Walmart for $10. I ...

Thread: New ccp and holster

New ccp and holster

So I got ccp about a week ago and started carrying the next day. I bought a blackhawk! Sport holster from Walmart for $10. I found it better than expected for concealed carry. The material on the outside is very grippy and it didnt move around during the day. I just stuck it between my pants and shirt with a sweatshirt or coat as cover. I carried at 6 as it was the most comfortable.
    I was cruising ebay and came across jason at chiefs holsters. I liked his belt loop holsters. I emailed him asking if i could get a full cover kydex holster with 2" belt loops for my LC9. A quick email back and i was in business. I ordered it, he built it, i received it all with in 5 days including the weekend. I was pleasantly surprised when i took it out of the package tonight. It was smaller than i was thinking which i think is a good thing. I slipped my LC9 in and it fit perfectly with the snap of assurance. It popped out with very little force. The retention is great and the weapon doesnt move at all. The leather is thick and stiff. There is no extra kydex or leather in the way. My intentions are to put this holster and a belt over my shirt and pull up my pants over it. I have been wearing it like this around the house at roughly 4 and it is pretty comfortable. It is just the right height. I can tuck my work shirt between the holster and pants and have a pretty concealable rig. Ill post pictures and more first impressions in a few days but right now I just wanted to pass the word about the great work going on at chiefs holsters. Great value, great fit and finish and free shipping. Give him a look if your looking for a great hybrid holster.

-Jason

Hey, that's me. Small world. It was only a matter of time before someone here managed to get one I guess. Glad you like the holster. Anything else I can do just let me know.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Re: New ccp and holster

I wonder if people think we are the same person?

-Jason

nope!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Links