Review: Foxx "Trapp"

This is a discussion on Review: Foxx "Trapp" within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I want to give my final thoughts on the "Trapp" holster by Foxx holsters. After getting my Glock 27, I wanted to find a "good" ...

Thread: Review: Foxx "Trapp"

Review: Foxx "Trapp"

I want to give my final thoughts on the "Trapp" holster by Foxx holsters.

After getting my Glock 27, I wanted to find a "good" IWB holster that I could use daily. Before my 27, I carried my LCP in a Remora IWB holster daily and it was comfortable. I figured that the Remora would be good for my Glock, but I was not happy with it and was back to the beginning. I then happened to stumble across the Foxx holster company and saw that they had a nice line up of holsters and accessories.

I began my search for an all kydex holster and saw that Foxx had one. With a price of $39, it was cheaper than other comparable all kydex holsters, so I decided to give it a shot. It only took 1 day to be processed after I ordered and received it promptly. The holster itself was all kydex with a single clip. Its means of retention is by its clam shell design. The holster spreads apart to release the gun which means that it holds the gun in place very well.

There was one problem, however. The original holster I ordered did not have kydex that covered the entire slide. That was something that I wanted, but this holster didn't have it. After debating for a few days, I decided that I would return the holster and look for another all kydex holster that had full slide coverage. Before I returned the holster, I wrote a note explaining why and mentioned wanted full slide coverage.

When Foxx received the holster, I received an e-mail stating that for a minimal fee they could make a new holster that would cover the entire slide of the side that touched my body. After looking at a few pictures of it I decided to go for it. The pictures you see below are the new "custom" holster I received. I love it. To me, it is that perfect holster. I highly recommend it to anyone seeking an all kydex IWB holster.

2012-11-19 20.18.47.jpg2012-11-19 20.19.25.jpg

2. Remove Ads

This holster has caught my eye. Let us know when you have worn it a few days.

Re: Review: Foxx "Trapp"

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    This holster has caught my eye. Let us know when you have worn it a few days.
    It is definitely worth it. I've been wearing it since I posted the review and have no complaints. This will be the last IWB holster I purchase for my Glock.

if you put some felt on the side which touches your skin,it will help tremendously.I have one and thats what I do.You can get whole sheets of felt of any color at any Hobby Lobby store.They are less than a dollar.

Links