DeSantis Apache Ankle Rig

This is a discussion on DeSantis Apache Ankle Rig within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If you are like me, you have a plethora of holsters. I have been carrying my Beretta BU9 Nanoin a Remora Holster with the sweat ...

Thread: DeSantis Apache Ankle Rig

DeSantis Apache Ankle Rig

If you are like me, you have a plethora of holsters. I have been carrying my Beretta BU9 Nanoin a Remora Holster with the sweat shield for a while now and love it. It was the perfect summer carry. Now that I am back to wearing jeans, I have different holster needs. At work I am always twisting, bending, lifting, climbing, and crawling. IWB is out of the question. I usually pocket carry, but jeans pockets are too small and uncomfortable. So I bought me a DeSantis Apache Ankle Rig. I used to carry a Glock 26 in one when I was a pizza delivery driver. It was rather comfortable with the big puffy sheepskin liner against the leg. I am hoping that this will work well for this job too. It kind of sucks that it doesn't come with a support strap. It is an extra item. But hopefully the small Nano will not cause the holster to slip. Otherwise I will need to order one.

Anyone else use this holster without the support strap? Do you where low cut shoes? I was thinking of wearing boots to hold it in place.

2. Remove Ads

Desantis' Apache is a knock-off of Renegade's Cozy Partner. HomeI have used the latter Model 50 for an S&W 36 many years with no problem. That said, the addition of a retention strap wouldn't hurt in the event of a somersault.

Links