shoulder holster or holster t-shirt?

This is a discussion on shoulder holster or holster t-shirt? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; HI EVERYONE: i would like to know your thoughts on either the shoulder holster or holster t-shirt for another conceal carry? lets hear from you. ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Twebb
  • 1 Post By ScottM

Thread: shoulder holster or holster t-shirt?

HI EVERYONE:
    i would like to know your thoughts on either the shoulder holster or holster t-shirt for another conceal carry?
    lets hear from you. thanks to all. i am thinking about buying one or the other.
    03 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Re: shoulder holster or holster t-shirt?

I'd say shoulder holster, but you are limited as far as when you can wear it. T-shirt holster? Sounds like a dumb idea to me.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    What firearm are using. The shirt is not good with full size firearms, at least in my experience. I would go shoulder rig, more versatile.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

T shirt holster to a decent job as long as the Tshirt is tight enough. Works with a wide varity of guns. I think they are ok for occasional use but for everyday use it would be a major exspense.
    Shoulder holster is pretty gun specific. Will work better for everyday use. Would be cooler in the summer months.
    Both have a place.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Generally, the more layers of clothing that exist between gripping the handgun & a clear, level muzzle, the more chances there are for Murphy (the Patron Saint of Unexpected Mayhem) to stop by for a visit. Tee shirts ALWAYS mean digging deeper than a shoulder holster. Between ONLY those two options, I'm goin' with a shoulder holster. But DON'T GO CHEAP. Expect to invest more in a quality shoulder holster than in a comparable IWB/OWB model.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I like my 5.11 tactical holster shirt. Doesn't hide my M&P 9c too well but my LCP disappears in it. I like compression style shirts but ymmv.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    These are only for pocket size guns. I know at least one person who likes his. He uses them on the inside of a suit jacket pocket and inside his left front pants pocket. He say's He doesn't wear his T shirts tight enough to use them as a holster.

HolsterPatch :: Home

I was looking a while back & ended up buying a 5-11 'holster shirt'. I feel with holsters no one fits all applications & uses. For deeper cover with a lighter gun that holster shirt really rocks. There are methods mentioned, like leaving a button open on a shirt to draw. The other may require you to lift up a sweatshirt, not really a big deal.

They really shine as you go to sitting & driving, zero issues. Would I use a holster shirt all of the time, of course not. I did buy another in white though. Midwayusa is usually a little cheaper than Cabelas, both have them. I'd go one size up, still plenty firm, like an XL for a 44 chest.

Neither
    aus71383 likes this.

Too easy, on the T-Shirt holster, for the firearm to snag the elastic and then you have the holster trying to jerk your weapon back against yourself.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Another vote for neither. Maybe a belly band is what you're looking for?

Austin

I say get'em both.

The idea is easier to go with when one accepts the notion that no one holster or gun will do for all occasions. I like to mix thinks up, as called for by the given requirements.

My every day carry is OWB for my full sized Sig. I do have a holster T shirt that works great to carry the same pistol and a spare mag on the opposite side. I wear the T shirt holster when I want a change. It would be a little difficult to draw from quickly because of the top button or two getting in the way. If i wore the T shirt holster frequently, I would get a shirt with Velcro for the top two button, or modify an existing shirt or two. IMO T shirt holsters work just fine, even for a full size pistol.
    NRA Life member
    USCCA member
    A muscle not exercised will eventually atrophy.
    A right not exercised will eventually be taken away!

5-11 makes a shirt that has snaps behind the buttons that works well, nice looking shirts to boot. I haven't tried their T shirt holster yet, but I'm thinking about it.

Links