Looking for OWB for G30SF that rise high and tight to body.

This is a discussion on Looking for OWB for G30SF that rise high and tight to body. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I like my G30SF and want a OWB that rides high and tight to the body, leather or kydex....

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Joey

Thread: Looking for OWB for G30SF that rise high and tight to body.

I like my G30SF and want a OWB that rides high and tight to the body, leather or kydex.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar

Re: Looking for OWB for G30SF that rise high and tight to body.

Side Guard Holsters High Slide would be perfect.

Tapatalk - Helping people post from bathrooms since 2009.

Look no further than Glock's own Sport/Combat holster. Best $17 (including the shipping) you will ever spend. (call them for orders under $20 and they will ship regular mail for $3)

Glock Sport/Combat Holster for 10/45-www.glockmeister.com
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

The side guard mentioned above would be good, or the glock holster, or UBG Bonneville, or rgrizzle high country, or extreme concealment cobra. All of those are options that would serve you well.

sent via iCarry

I have one of these on the way for my G27. FIST, INC.

Always glad to see posts come up asking about holsters, I find out about new ones I hadn't stumbled across yet like the rgrizzle.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

RKM
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Look no further than Glock's own Sport/Combat holster. Best $17 (including the shipping) you will ever spend. (call them for orders under $20 and they will ship regular mail for $3)

Glock Sport/Combat Holster for 10/45-www.glockmeister.com
    I have this holster as well. For the money, it's hard to beat. Though, it's not hard to beat at all, if you want to spend $60+

Depending on the money you want to spend, on a budget, go with the Glock holster. If you're able to spend more and wait about 2 months, I'd go with Atomic Dog, Raven, or Bravo Concealment. They're all the same "design" and are made-to-order to your wants and needs. Two slabs of Kydex formed around the pistol, riveted together.

I have an Atomic Dog holster for my G19 made to work with a TLR-1. They're a small company here in PA and it still took about 2 months to get it. But it's AWESOME quality. I paid $75 for mine with added options.

Store

Raven and Bravo Concealment make the same style holsters and also, as far as I know, are made-to-order.

EDIT: I just saw that Atomic Dog doesn't offer a G30 holster. Though, they do take custom orders. You have to email them. It will probably take longer. I only carry my G30SF IWB so I've never looked hard for an OWB holster for it, other than a cheap Fobus and the Glock holster.

RKM - I understand that if you want to carry with a mounted light, then the options you mentioned would be in order. That aside, I am genuinely interested in your opinion on what those more expensive options do better than the Glock factory holster? Is it an issue of the cant?
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

mkh
    I have The Concealable by Galco which is high rise and worked well for my 30 and several other guns.

Fist #12 basic!!! http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/12.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    scgunlover1 likes this.
    "The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary.
    Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

-Joseph Conrad-

I use the Don Hume 721OT for my G30SF.

High Noon's Slide Guard is what you seek. Bill

RKM
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    RKM - I understand that if you want to carry with a mounted light, then the options you mentioned would be in order. That aside, I am genuinely interested in your opinion on what those more expensive options do better than the Glock factory holster? Is it an issue of the cant?
    Well like I said, the Glock holster is great for the money. For the money and price point is can't be beat. But the feel and overall quality of a high end kydex holster from Raven or Atomic Dog is just better. They re-holster much easier, and draw out silky smooth. I'd say if you have the cash to spend on one of these, it's worth it. But if not, the Glock Holster will do the job. I own both and I'd easier choose my Atomic Dog holster. But, I'm certainly not going to throw my Glock holster away. And about the cant, some of these holsters can be custom ordered with your own desired amount of cant.

Another thing about the Glock holster is, they make one version for the G20/21/29/30 frames and a slightly slimmer one for the G19/17/26/22/23/27 etc. I'd ONLY get the one for the thicker frames. My G19 fits with no problems in the bigger holster with no retention issues. It will stay in nice and snug regardless of being slightly slimmer. No reason to buy the smaller one.

Links