Crossbreed, or Theis, or N82, or????

This is a discussion on Crossbreed, or Theis, or N82, or???? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A lot of choices out there. I know, I've been driving myself crazy and I came across this video by Hickok45 showing them all. He ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Crossbreed, or Theis, or N82, or????

A lot of choices out there. I know, I've been driving myself crazy and I came across this video by Hickok45 showing them all. He doesn't go into great detail about the differences between them, but it was nice to see them side by side.

I thought others may find it helpful or at the very least, interesting.

Hybrid IWB Holsters - YouTube

Who out here has what and how much do you like or dislike it (them). So far I have a N82 and my Theis is on the way.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

2. Remove Ads

I've heard great things about the N82 holsters. I was about to order the professional model for my Glock 27, but instead opted for an all kydex holster from Foxx holsters.

"FoxX Trapp" All Kydex IWB Holster -Our Smallest IWB!

I have an early N82 which I don't use any more, because it uses elastic to hold the pistol instead of Kydex. The elastic sleeve collapses when I remove my pistol and it is fairly difficult to re-holster.

After looking at several of the hybrid holsters, I chose the ACE-1 from SHTF Gear LLC. I selected the ACE-1 for several reasons; price was certainly one of the factors, but actually, the look and the lead time were the main determining factors for me. Another determining factor was that in addition to using rivets to attach the shell to the leather, the ACE-1 has Kevlar thread running between the rivets. This precludes the possibility of the Kydex lifting, or buckling on the leather. I have never regretted purchasing from SHTF Gear, and will undoubtedly order other holsters from them as needed.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

I have a CB Supertuck and a Theis and like both of them a lot. Curious about the N82 and will probably order one soon.

I like the N82...
    Drgnfly and Happypuppy like this.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

J_B
    Have a Theis for my Glock 36 and a CB Minituck for my Shield. Like them both. One thing is the Theis was quick to break in.

I haven't broken in my CB yet as I am not carrying my Shield due to not being able to get to the range and put at least 200 rounds through it first. It just "feels" like the CB will take a bit longer as the leather is thicker.

I'm going off memory in regards to the Theis as I haven't worn it in over 9 months as I've been AIWB'n my Glock 36 in a Fricke Archangel and now a Raven VG2.

I use a horsehide Theis every day and love it. I'm going to try a N82Pro and/or Foxx soon though. (grass is always greener...)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    I like the N82...
    X2. I have a pro model and it is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an N82 original for my Glock 19 and it's comfortable but rides too high for my taste. I also have a PJ Custom Kydex with a 20 degree cant, which put the grip in just the right spot for me but I miss the backing of the N82. So, now I'm thinking I'll get the N82 professional since it has an adjustable cant. It's been stated many a time on this board, be sure to get a good belt too; it makes all the difference.

I have the Supertuck and the N82-Pro for my 9c. Both are fine holsters. I have started using the N82 exclusively because I find it more comfortable. At first, I was not sure how I would like the "Twist Release" on the N82, but now that I have grown accustomed to it, I find it comforting.

Hickock45 is fun to watch, checkout his outtakes, pretty funny.

I like my MaxTuck from White Hat Holsters Concealed Handgun Holsters and Holster Parts & Accessories - White Hat

Lots of options and it's easy to change out the kydex when you change your carry gun.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

I think all of the leather/kydex are great and each has a slight variable. Some are riveted, some have detention screws but all share the same principle.
    I like Old Faithfull holsters and coincidently they have a 25% off product code, xmas, until Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo411 View Post
    I think all of the leather/kydex are great and each has a slight variable. Some are riveted, some have detention screws but all share the same principle.
    I like Old Faithfull holsters and coincidently they have a 25% off product code, xmas, until Monday.
    DARN YOU! Well I just placed an order for a stage 3 IWB. The 25% off sale was too much to resist.

So, now everyone can stay tuned for a Theis -vs- Old Faithful comparison when they both come in and I have time to try them both out with my G27...

Hi, my name is Iggy and I'm becoming a holster junkie...

*millions of Holster Anonymous members in unison respond... HI IGGY!*
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

I just got a MaxTuk from Concealed Handgun Holsters and Holster Parts & Accessories - White Hat for my SR9c and I'll be getting a Kydex scabbard for my PPQ.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links