Defensive Carry banner

Crossbreed, or Theis, or N82, or????

7K views 18 replies 18 participants last post by  MikeyIdaho 
#1 ·
A lot of choices out there. I know, I've been driving myself crazy and I came across this video by Hickok45 showing them all. He doesn't go into great detail about the differences between them, but it was nice to see them side by side.

I thought others may find it helpful or at the very least, interesting.

Hybrid IWB Holsters - YouTube

Who out here has what and how much do you like or dislike it (them). So far I have a N82 and my Theis is on the way.

#3 ·
I have an early N82 which I don't use any more, because it uses elastic to hold the pistol instead of Kydex. The elastic sleeve collapses when I remove my pistol and it is fairly difficult to re-holster.

After looking at several of the hybrid holsters, I chose the ACE-1 from SHTF Gear LLC. I selected the ACE-1 for several reasons; price was certainly one of the factors, but actually, the look and the lead time were the main determining factors for me. Another determining factor was that in addition to using rivets to attach the shell to the leather, the ACE-1 has Kevlar thread running between the rivets. This precludes the possibility of the Kydex lifting, or buckling on the leather. I have never regretted purchasing from SHTF Gear, and will undoubtedly order other holsters from them as needed.

#6 ·
Have a Theis for my Glock 36 and a CB Minituck for my Shield. Like them both. One thing is the Theis was quick to break in.

I haven't broken in my CB yet as I am not carrying my Shield due to not being able to get to the range and put at least 200 rounds through it first. It just "feels" like the CB will take a bit longer as the leather is thicker.

I'm going off memory in regards to the Theis as I haven't worn it in over 9 months as I've been AIWB'n my Glock 36 in a Fricke Archangel and now a Raven VG2.

#9 ·
I have an N82 original for my Glock 19 and it's comfortable but rides too high for my taste. I also have a PJ Custom Kydex with a 20 degree cant, which put the grip in just the right spot for me but I miss the backing of the N82. So, now I'm thinking I'll get the N82 professional since it has an adjustable cant. It's been stated many a time on this board, be sure to get a good belt too; it makes all the difference.

#10 ·
I have the Supertuck and the N82-Pro for my 9c. Both are fine holsters. I have started using the N82 exclusively because I find it more comfortable. At first, I was not sure how I would like the "Twist Release" on the N82, but now that I have grown accustomed to it, I find it comforting.

#13 ·
I think all of the leather/kydex are great and each has a slight variable. Some are riveted, some have detention screws but all share the same principle.
I like Old Faithfull holsters and coincidently they have a 25% off product code, xmas, until Monday.

#14 ·
DARN YOU! Well I just placed an order for a stage 3 IWB. The 25% off sale was too much to resist.

So, now everyone can stay tuned for a Theis -vs- Old Faithful comparison when they both come in and I have time to try them both out with my G27...

Hi, my name is Iggy and I'm becoming a holster junkie...

*millions of Holster Anonymous members in unison respond... HI IGGY!*

#17 ·
My next holster will probably be a holster by Old Faithful. They look to be a step up from a Crossbreed. I used to own a Crossbreed and really liked it. The old faithful looks to use better leather, nicer clips, cheaper, and I like the way the kydex is mounted.

I recently purchased a N82 original holster for my 1911 Commander. While it was comfortable, it moved around a bit probably due to the clip being single and made for a larger belt than 1.5". Also the ride height was too high for my liking. So I ended returning it for a Desantis Speed Scabbard. The Desantis was about $50 and it is a really comfortable, pretty concealable, and just a great holster for the price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.