Ankle holster comfort?

This is a discussion on Ankle holster comfort? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry my J-frame in an ankle holster occasionally and it gets a little uncomfortable unless I take a piece of cloth and put between ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Ankle holster comfort?

Ankle holster comfort?

I carry my J-frame in an ankle holster occasionally and it gets a little uncomfortable unless I take a piece of cloth and put between my leg and the holster. (Or wear long socks) Does anyone have anything they do or use to help with the comfort? I'm toying with making me a piece of cloth with Velcro to put under it but would like to see if anyone else has this problem and what solutions they have come up with.
    03 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

I carry an M&P 40 compact in a Galco Ankle Lite and find it very comfortable. Below is a link to a picture from Google images so you can see the padding in the back.

Google Image Result for http://external.ak.fbcdn.net/safe_image.php%3Fd%3DAQAF3SqEO2eAY0f3%26url%3Dhttp %253A%252F%252Fecx.images-amazon.com%252Fimages%252FI%252F31Gjgaz8K1L.jpg

for many mango seasons i kept my "bug" in an ankle holster. i found that a good name brand worked the best, (galco). but the last several years no matter what i used or did i can not wear one any more. get a good holster and longer shocks.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Someday I'll have an ankle holster. Winter is coming and I'll have to starting wearing long pants again.

@boricua That is the exact holster I have, what was that you put on under it? Part of a sock? I have tried that but I want to be able to take it off and on without taking my shoes off!

Quote Originally Posted by Beamshot View Post
    @boricua That is the exact holster I have, what was that you put on under it? Part of a sock? I have tried that but I want to be able to take it off and on without taking my shoes off!
    Yes, I cut off the bottom half of my old gym socks and use the top half of the sock as padding when wearing dress socks. I used to walk 4-6 miles per day as part of my job and never felt any discomfort, not even when taking a quick jog to cross a busy street/avenue.
    03 likes this.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Mine is most comfortable when I'm driving. Easy to access, too. I don't use it unless I'm going on long drives. It's the easy access from the seated position that I like.
    Macantic likes this.

Administrator
    Alessi uses natural lamb shearling between the holster and the skin. Just FYI.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Tried on but couldn't get comfortable with my Glock 26 on my ankle. Just kept feeling like the holster and gun were falling too low.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hawks4ever View Post
    Tried on but couldn't get comfortable with my Glock 26 on my ankle. Just kept feeling like the holster and gun were falling too low.
    I use a upper calve support that comes with some ankle holsters, it helps greatly in comfort. Get a ankle holster that has a sheep shearing under that weapon.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    I used a piece of rabbit fur ( the real stuff ) super glued to my Fobus

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
    I used a piece of rabbit fur ( the real stuff ) super glued to my Fobus
    If u already have a cheap uncle mikes ankle holster, what u can also do it go get a sheep shearing seat belt pad that sold around auto stuff and put it under the holster also. If it moves around sew it on....it works as good then as an expensive one.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Ankle holster comfort?

I used to carry a g26 in an uncle mikes ankle holster. It really wasn't that uncomfortable, but the gun was a little heavy.

Thanks for the info everyone!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links