Holster Purgatory

This is a discussion on Holster Purgatory within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ugh....I am in holster Purgatory!!! I recently purchased three Kydex holsters. Two Comp-tac Infidels and a Blade-Tech Eclipse Here is the evaluation of each of ...

Thread: Holster Purgatory

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Holster Purgatory

Ugh....I am in holster Purgatory!!!

I recently purchased three Kydex holsters. Two Comp-tac Infidels and a Blade-Tech Eclipse Here is the evaluation of each of them.

Infidel for Glock 26: Awesome. I insert the gun and it fits perfectly. At the full insertion point I hear that "click" that tells me the gun is in and secure. It is also very comfortable. As per my previous numerous posts, I am still experimenting with that "sweet spot" location. I think one of the reasons I am having such back pain with my holsters is I am not wearing it in the correct location.

Infidel for Shield: It does not fit the gun at all. I am shocked because the one for the Glock fits so well. When I insert the gun it does not "fit". Instead of that "click" it sort of mushes in. I have fiddled with the adjustment screws but it just mushes differently. Kind of hard to explain, but it feels like I am inserting a gun into a holster it was not made for. When I compared the holster for the Glock vs. the Shield, the Glock holster had different angles. The holster was parallel to the gun. On the Shield it was not. It just did not wrap around the gun like the Glock holster did. There is no doubt that this is for the Shield as there are huge letters on the holster stating the model it is for. It just doesn't seem like it was made correctly.

Blade-tech Eclipse for Glock 19: Again, another Kydex holster that does not have that "click" when I insert the gun. Also, I sort of expected to be able to use this holster for my Glock 19 (compact) and Glock 26 (subcompact) but the holster in no way fits the Glock 26.

I will be sending back at least two of these. This is my first negative experience with holsters not fitting the gun. Not sure what is going on.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; November 25th, 2012 at 08:01 PM.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    I just ordered a holster from SHTF.com. I hope I have the 'luck' you had with the first example above.

Holster Purgatory

You might be able to adjust the fit by heating the Kydex with a heat gun or hair dryer, and the tightening it up with your gun in it.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; November 25th, 2012 at 08:02 PM.

re: Holster Purgatory

I really hate having too many holster choices! Not sure if you are looking for an opinion, but it seems like you like your first choice the best. IWB comfort comes with time.

I have a Blade Tech Nano for a Glock 19. Both the Glock 19 and Glock 26 fit nicely into it, with the associated Kydex "click". I carry in the appendix carry position, but the holster can be adjusted to carry in other locations as well. I abandoned the behind the hip carry location a long time ago because it was uncomfortable sitting.

$50 at GT Distributors.
    G T Distributors Product Detail

I would also check out PJ Holsters. It is the best I have found for my Kahr PM9. Here is the link to the Shield, also $50.
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield | PJ Holster LLC

Call the folks at Blade-Tech and talk to them - I'm pretty sure they'll make it right for you.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Call the folks at Blade-Tech and talk to them - I'm pretty sure they'll make it right for you.
    This. I've never dealt with them or own one, but it is worth a call or couple emails to see. Maybe you got a factory dud. I'm glad to say my pretty recent Old Faithful holster hasn't given me the same woes you have,..I love it.

Good luck getting it straight.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

I'm still pleased with my Hidden Hybrid Holster for my Shield.

I'll eventually get around to replacing the 1.75 clips for 1.5, but that's my only complaint about it.
    Attached Images

Links