Need belt advice

This is a discussion on Need belt advice within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Mjr_Fail Wilderness Instructor belt works nicely. 5 stitch. Original Instructor Belt Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 That said-I do use a Wilderness Tactical ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Need belt advice

Quote Originally Posted by Mjr_Fail View Post
    Wilderness Instructor belt works nicely. 5 stitch. Original Instructor Belt
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    That said-I do use a Wilderness Tactical 5 stich and have for some time,...YES, a good proper gun belt DOES make a difference. . ...I've worn it with jeans, shorts, and khakis just fine. YMMV.
    +1911 And re: tactical, mine is usually covered by a garment for OWB carry.

2. Remove Ads

In belts, holsters, and mag carriers I go with good leather. High Noon Holsters Rock Steady belts gets my vote. Bill

My dad always told me "Don't give me no plastic saddle, I want to feel that leather when I ride."

Curt

I have I nice beltman. Just looking for a nylon for days i don't want to ruin my leather and though it would work good in my get home bag

Quote Originally Posted by gunbelt View Post
    My dad always told me "Don't give me no plastic saddle, I want to feel that leather when I ride."

Curt
    If you need a leather gun belt, give this guy a PM^^^^^. I picked one up from him the other day. Absolutely fantastic work. I am loving the belt. I think I could pull my truck out of a ditch with this belt. It'll probably outlast me. One piece of leather and about 1/4" thick. Very stiff vertically, but wears great.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Thanks Jason, it's all the difference in the world using harness leather for belt instead of plain veg tan. My thinking is you don't need 2 pieces of leather sewn together (just something else to fail) machine stitching will eventually fail, when 1 piece of harness leather will do the job. It's rigid & requires no stiffener (which will eventually break). And with my design you'll never have a buckle to cut the end of your belt off or cut us big boys bellies. That is why I guarantee them forever. I've been making them almost 20 years & only replaced 1 (for a buddy & it wasn't used as a belt) long story.

Also I really like your holster for the Glock. In fact I want 1 for my Sig 229. I've never tried IWB till I tried yours & I love it.

Curt

I just bought a holster from Whitehat and thinking about a belt from them Leather Gun Belts, holsters and accessories - White Hat Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by gunbelt View Post
    it's all the difference in the world using harness leather for belt instead of plain veg tan. My thinking is you don't need 2 pieces of leather sewn together (just something else to fail) machine stitching will eventually fail, when 1 piece of harness leather will do the job. It's rigid & requires no stiffener (which will eventually break).
    GB, your post over on CarolinaShootersClub forum shows the belts nicely: Fat Boy belts, by Two Fools Leather Goods.

Interesting, using harness leather instead of "normal" thick (~9-11oz) cowhide/horsehide. I like the inventive "buckling" mechanism in front.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    GB, your post over on CarolinaShootersClub forum shows the belts nicely: Fat Boy belts, by Two Fools Leather Goods.

Interesting, using harness leather instead of "normal" thick (~9-11oz) cowhide/horsehide. I like the inventive "buckling" mechanism in front.
    The "buckle" took a day or two to get used to and about as long to break in the holes I was using. I worked all night Friday unloading trucks and wore it all day today. Very comfortable, still loving it, and the buckle system never budges. And my snap off OWB holster rides tighter on this belt as well. That's a very nice thing.

Curt, I'll PM you. Glad you like it.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

I picked up 2 at WalMart (a black and a brown). They look like a ballistic nylon with a strip of (fake) leather through the middle. They don't seem to stretch and they are fairly rigid. For $13 each I thought they were worth a try.

Matt

5.11 Operator!

If you're OK with leather, this one works as well as any.

Cabela's: Cabela's Big Horn Belt

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Missourian View Post
    Has anyone had experancie with the cobra or ranger I like the idea of them having a buckle but I am curious if all the extra buckling and webbing they add outside of the buckle would even fit between pants loops on the front of blue jeans
    To answer your question, I wear a nylon belt with a cobra buckle every day and the buckle doesn't interfere with anything as far as I'm concerned. You take the belt on and off just like a normal instructor style belt, which is to say you thread the nylon through the buckled buckle to remove it. The buckle itself only comes apart for 'dropping the pants', so to speak. It's actually pretty handy for bathroom breaks because the buckle holds the belt in place, so you can unbuckle and not fear having your holster pull your belt out of the loops and drop to the ground.

I like the Comp-TAC kydex reinforced belts. Have one in black, one in brown. Can't be beat.

OTB
    Total noobie here, but thought I'd give my perspective anyways...

I just bought my first gun belt and I got the Ares Gear Ranger Belt. Three main reasons:

1) It is the best looking nylon gun belt, imo. If you get the coyote outer belt color, you can wear it with pretty much anything. Looks good enough to where to work with khakis, whereas I feel like the Wilderness Instructor belt looks too mountain climber.

2) I'm going to use C-hooks with my IWB holster and having that black perimeter from the scuba webbing makes the c hooks completely blend in. Look at the pics on raven concealment's site demoing their c-hook accessory and you'll see what I mean.

3) That buckle is awesome. That is all. I love the buckle.

- Tom
    sparkykb likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links