Need belt advice

Need belt advice

This is a discussion on Need belt advice within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking at some different belt opions I have a beltman and love it. I am now looking at a nylon to try the ones ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Need belt advice

Need belt advice

I'm looking at some different belt opions I have a beltman and love it. I am now looking at a nylon to try the ones I have looked at is wilderness areas ranger an viking cobra. I will b wearing this more than Likley with blue jeans I have a 32 in waist wondering which one would work best an b most comfortable. Thanks for any advice

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    I have several belts around the house. They are all heavy leather and I can't tell the difference wearing any one of them with any of my holsters or carry guns. Of course, if I were pushing/selling belts, I would have another opinion.

Need belt advice

I use a 5.11 operator belt for the past 5
    Dont mistake Kindness for Weakness!!!
    Kimber Ultra Carry II
    Kel-Tec PF-9
    Ruger SP 101 2 1/4" 357 mag

Need belt advice

Years
    Dont mistake Kindness for Weakness!!!
    Kimber Ultra Carry II
    Kel-Tec PF-9
    Ruger SP 101 2 1/4" 357 mag

Wilderness Instructor belt works nicely. 5 stitch.

Original Instructor Belt

Before you switch, you need to take into account what type of clips you use for your holster. If it's snap loops a riggers belt works fine but with many of the clips like the crossbreed and comp tac that go over the belt have problems with the belt being too thin to stay put.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

A search for subject=belts discussions in the past 6mos brings up this one: Gun Belts. Some options other than traditional leather belts.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Has anyone had experancie with the cobra or ranger I like the idea of them having a buckle but I am curious if all the extra buckling and webbing they add outside of the buckle would even fit between pants loops on the front of blue jeans

Ccw9 thank you for the link had done some searches on here but didn't come up with what I was after. The belt linked on that post looks like it might fit the bill. It doesn't have all the extra rigger attachment thanks again. For those who mention my holsters I mainly either use a tt mikes special or pure customs black ops. The reason I am looking for a nylon belt is for beating around in so I don't ruin my horsehide beltman looks if I find a nylon I like I will order a second to have in my get home gear bag. Thank you for the replies

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Oldfaithful gunbelts allow you to change the buckle if you want, they come with a factory buckle too of course. I have a holster from them and its top-notch, I haven't tried their belts.

I have heard positive reviews about TheBeltman, he offers different types of buckles too,...

That said-I do use a Wilderness Tactical 5 stich and have for some time,...YES, a good proper gun belt DOES make a difference. . I like my Wilderness so much,..when I recently lost weight , I replaced it with another Wilderness.

I've worn it with jeans, shorts, and khakis just fine. YMMV.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Quote Originally Posted by Missourian View Post
    I am curious if all the extra buckling and webbing they add outside of the buckle would even fit between pants loops on the front of blue jeans
    I have a 5.11 instructors that velcros back. A couple of things, I always threaded the belt backwards so that the tag end was on my weak side and I just ran the velcro over the belt loops. I liked the 5.11 a lot, but ended up building my own leather gun belt. My wife has a Wilderness Tactical Frequent Flyer that is a great belt. Currently I'm waiting on a leather Fat Boy Belt that will probably outlast me.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Orion Leather Company.

I wear a basketweave 40mm mens with a XDS in a BearCreek IWB
    It's a single layer <not lined> but nice and stiff.
    Priced right too.

LINK TO WEBSITE

LINK to the belt I wear.

The nylon belts are a little too tactical looking for me. I like leather for the durability and apparel versatility. They can be worn with jeans or a suit. A nylon tactical belt would look a bit strange with dress pants. Of course, to each his own.
    Luis

"Everybody's got a plan, 'til they get hit".

Mike Tyson

VIP Member
    +1 on the Wilderness Instructor. I have a 32" waist, and my belt is a 38". It allows iwb mirror carry of two Glocks. It also works just fine for one on either side.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Missourian View Post
    I'm looking at some different belt opions I have a beltman and love it. I am now looking at a nylon to try the ones I have looked at is wilderness areas ranger an viking cobra. I will b wearing this more than Likley with blue jeans I have a 32 in waist wondering which one would work best an b most comfortable. Thanks for any advice
    I have a 31" waist and use Blackhawk! CQB belts and an Original SOE Cobra belt. They work great.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links