Holster for NOT carrying one in the chamber

This is a discussion on Holster for NOT carrying one in the chamber within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by darbo What holster? The one with the chic with the really big "guns" in the first post. Sent from my ASUS Transformer ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Holster for NOT carrying one in the chamber

Re: Holster for NOT carrying one in the chamber

Quote Originally Posted by darbo View Post
    What holster?
    The one with the chic with the really big "guns" in the first post.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    "The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."Thomas Jefferson
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by darbo View Post
    What holster?
    There was a holster in that video?
    Jgriner and blitzburgh like this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

She rides a bike, she shoots, I might just have to learn Spanish. Where was the holster by the way?
    Jgriner likes this.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    high pockets.......

I can see a potential for a FTFeed and as you draw you have a slide out of battery,by the time you realize you have a problem you realize your starting to bleed from little holes all over your chest,no thanks,Just like some people that carry with one chambered and a manual safety,but in a stressful situation forget to take the safety off
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Re: Holster for NOT carrying one in the chamber

What happens if you go to chamber a round and you get a double feed, does then auto release back strap jam also. Then the whole thing is jammed up with your gun stuck in to.

Remember its the first round that's the most important.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    "The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."Thomas Jefferson
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."Thomas Jefferson

The drive by motorcycle shootings were a nice touch. I would lump this into the "solution in search of a problem" category.

Austin
    Jgriner and JaySkiBum like this.

Hm. Personally, if looking for a retention holster, I'd much prefer to flick a thumb break than shove a gun deeper into the holster like that. Can't see how this "automatic" thing is any safer, more convenient or more useful. But that's just me.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    You gotta love Google Chrome's translation of the holster web page:

Automatic Holster was created to provide a solution by developing new ideas and inventions. Our first invention, the Automatic Bags with Patent No. P201230149 are the result of years of work to create a holster capable of movement unsheathe, load and remove the insurance in one motion.

Our technicians and engineers work to create new products that can make it easier tasks performed daily. Automatic Holster ® is a registered trademark of Treasures of Siberia SL and our tech, inventors, designers and business is based in Conil de la Frontera (Cádiz).

(Automatic Holster nace con el fin de dar solucion mediante el desarrollo de nuevas ideas e inventos. Nuestro primer invento, las Fundas Automaticas con Nº Patente P201230149 son el fruto de años de trabajo para crear una funda capaz de realizar el movimiento de desenfundar, cargar y retirar los seguros en un solo movimiento.

Nuestros tecnicos e ingenieros trabajan para la creación de nuevos productos capaces de hacer más facil tareas que se realizan a diario. Automatic Holster® es una marca registrada de Tesoros de Siberia S.L y nuestro equipo de tecnicos, inventores, comerciales y diseñadores esta afincado en Conil de la Frontera (Cádiz).

==========

I guess I can call my EDC my "insurance", but don't ever call my holster a bag!
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

VIP Member
    At 0:23 in the video she looks at her weapon after firing it. I can't tell if it's because of a malfunction or because she is just looking at the gun as if to say "Wow! It worked!"
    Drgnfly and bigmacque like this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

VIP Member
    And the US thought of it back in 1974 - AUTOMATIC PISTOL HOLSTER
    Ben

Only way I'd buy that holster is if the lady demonstrating it came with it and even then the whole package may just be too much trouble.

God bless America!
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I saw a holster on Deadliest Warrior that the Spetnantz(sp) used, that did the same thing, not sure when that holster was developed. She was definitely eye candy for the YouTube videos
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    I really need to see inside this holster. According to the verbage it has a "cocking member" to rack the slide. Really would like to see what is really happening inside that holster.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Leave it to the Spanish!
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links