Harwell protuck vs pj holster

This is a discussion on Harwell protuck vs pj holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am picking up a Kahr CM9 in the near future and I will need a holster for it. I'm currently carrying a g19 in ...

Thread: Harwell protuck vs pj holster

I am picking up a Kahr CM9 in the near future and I will need a holster for it. I'm currently carrying a g19 in a harwell protuck, and I like it. Once the weather starts to warm up I am going to need a smaller gun, and of course, a new holster.

I like the comfort and concealment the harwell gives me, but it is big and it isn't that easy to slide on and off. How comfortable is the PJ with a small gun like the cm9? Comfortable for all day wear?

I'm also going to pickup an OWB for it, and may go with the harwell owb.

Edit:: If your not familiar with the harwell, it is essentially the same as a crossbreed super tuck.
    Last edited by SickMAK90; November 28th, 2012 at 11:01 AM.

2. Remove Ads

The PJ is as comfortable as any other kydex rig worn iwb I have tried. I have 3 of them and use them often when I need quick on and off. I like the product but I mostly like the service from Paul at PJ holsters.

I have never tried a holster that puts kydex against my skin. How is it?

No one else?

No problem against your skin,But if you have love handles you might want to be careful when you re holster you might get a little pinch, no problem though. PJ is super comfortable.

wee
    I just received my Harwell IWB hybrid holster for my Sig P238 and it has been great....Comfortable from day one.

Brian

A little update. I actually had a PJ holster for my cm9 for about two weeks. I ended up selling it and getting another protuck and I am much happier with it.

Quote Originally Posted by SickMAK90 View Post
    A little update. I actually had a PJ holster for my cm9 for about two weeks. I ended up selling it and getting another protuck and I am much happier with it.
    So, did the kydex not feel good next to your skin?

Quote Originally Posted by SickMAK90 View Post
    I have never tried a holster that puts kydex against my skin. How is it?
    I received my first Kydex holster on Tuesday. I ordered one for my G36 from Staturman Statureman Custom Holsters

Caleb is very responsive and helpful. His site indicates that orders less than $200 ship within two weeks. I received mine two days shy of two weeks. The holster is very nice and comfortable. I like IWB so I ordered the IWB straps. So far, IWB has not caused me any issues. He offers a 30 "no questions asked" return policy and does offer an all Kydex specifically AIWB.

Good luck
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

My .02

I think it really depends on where you wear the holster. I recently purchased an XDS, which I love. Since everything else I own is a glock I needed a holster. I didn't want to wait for a PJ so I had another maker custom make me one based on PJ's deep concealment option and was pleased with the result and the fast turn around time. Now, with that said.... I wear my holster at about 5:00 which sits right on a bone. No problem when I'm standing or even sitting without leaning back against something. Driving is an entirely different ballgame. The kydex isn't comfortable at all. I checked out Harwell's site based on the mass recommendations on the XDS forum and ordered the Harwell Clip N Go because I have a CB and HATE it. Just way too much for me and I don't have a ton of real estate around my waist/hips for a holster that takes up half my side. I received my Clip N Go in an INSANE time and I must say it is my all time favorite holster. It IS indicated for appendix carry but most everyone states they wear it in all positions imaginable without a single problem. I turn mine to about a 25 degree cant and it conceals so well that I can wear a fitting T shirt and no one could possibly see it. The comfort with the flat leather on your skin and the kydex on the outside is phenominal. Will I still use my other kydex holsters? Sure. I really like that click of kydex and that super thin profile. Will my Clip N Go see daily use.... absolutely.

I use a Silent Thunder for my lc9, it's a great holster. It's lined with leather to protect the gun. I love the holster and it's extremely comfortable. I did however order a panther for my m&p 9c, as it it a thicker gun I went with the unlined panther for the (I hope) thinner profile.

I'm currently waiting on a PJ Holster. I ordered 8 1/2 weeks ago, so it should be here any day. Paul has been very responsive and communicative, so I would say excellent customer service. I bought it because currently I have a Theis IWB hybrid. When I walk around/shop and such, it is very comfortable. But the minute I sit in any position, I am reminded that I have a piece of leather wrapped around half my body, as another mentioned. I've had the Theis for a couple of months; it has broken in well, though it squeaks still, all the time. I ordered the PJ Holster wanting a more minimalist type holster. If I don't like the kydex against my skin, I will go for a Little Fox. I carry a Beretta Nano and feel one clip could hold that pretty well, but need the tuckable option, which the Little Fox has. In fact, they have a kydex clamshell and advertise a two-week turnaround for nearly 1/2 the price of the PJ Holster. Kinda makes me wish I had ordered from them to begin with. I swore I wouldn't have a holster drawer, but I think I'm gonna have to give up on that dream. But again, I haven't worn the PJH yet, so it may be the best thing since sliced bread (I hope).

I have a CM9 and a pj holster. Love it, and thats all I wear for my CM9. I wear a tank top so its not against my skin. I prefer an extra layer anyways.

Links