Smartcarry holster demo

This is a discussion on Smartcarry holster demo within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For REAL concealed carry, they really cannot be beat. Truly concealed, any dress....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Smartcarry holster demo

For REAL concealed carry, they really cannot be beat. Truly concealed, any dress.

2. Remove Ads

cj
    Like mine and use it occasionally, but find it very...warm.

Well I'll give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    I would think a belly band would slide down while running (unless you have a big gut and it's worn on top of your gut, like a shelf), a Smartcarry won't have that problem.
    Well I do have a bit of a tummy, and I tried it both around the center of mass and above it, and it stayed in place OK.

I really like my smartcarry. Actually the reason I want another glock 26. I carry mine at 11 instead of 1. I find the grip is even with the zipper and vanishes. Today I am using mine with a 3" k frame. I don't need the concealment but I find the lack of pressure points is helping my back to not hurt.

The Smart Carry was my first. I also have a drawer full of other IWB holsters that looked attractive, but in the end, I always go back to the Smart Carry. For going to the urinal, you can slide the SC a bit sideways, do your business, re-position, zip up, and on your way again.

I have a similar holster made by TactiPac. Although I prefer IWB because it allows a faster draw, nothing beats the Smart Carry/TactiPac style holster for deep concealment. I've found that positioning it over my thigh - right under the pocket, at about 10:30-11:00 - is better than positioning it at 12:00 for at least 4 reasons.

First, it's more comfortable. For a guy, wearing it at 12:00 puts the gun right in front of your unmentionables. This can get a little crowed while standing, and can be downright painful if you happen to get your member pinched between the barrel and, say, the seat of your car, as you sit down (as happened to me several times before I moved to 11:00). At 11:00, it just feel like you've got something in your pocket, and when you sit down the gun just lays flat on top of your thigh.

Second, the gun is is already out of the way for bathroom breaks - if you're standing, it's hanging to the side; if you're sitting, it's laying on your thigh.

Third, I can draw more quickly from 11:00. Because it's under my pocket, I can slip my left hand into my pocket and push up from the front/tip of the barrel, which pops the grip-end of the gun up toward or even above my belt line. Consequently, I don't have to reach all the way into my pants with my right hand to draw, which makes the draw faster.

Fourth, because the gun rides under my pocket at 11:00, any visible lump will likely be taken as something innocuous in my pocket; but, more importantly, you can "camouflage" any visible lump with actual innocuous objects in your pocket. I put my wallet in that pocket, which makes it impossible to spot any printing from the gun. Of course, if you have bulky gun, or a George Costanza wallet, this may not work for you. But the first 3 advantages should still hold good.

Biggest downside: in the heat of the moment, you might pull out the wrong "gun." ;)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links