Smartcarry holster demo

This is a discussion on Smartcarry holster demo within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Serendipitously found this review/demo Concealment Holster Review: SmartCarry Holster - YouTube...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Smartcarry holster demo

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Smartcarry holster demo

Serendipitously found this review/demo

Concealment Holster Review: SmartCarry Holster - YouTube
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

GH
    It's a neat idea but taking a leak & reholstering would seem to be a problem.

Looks like Tim has something else to advertise now.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

"When I unbutton my pants, everything will be fine." That line is classic and full of win.

Taking a leak is not an issue, and it makes #2 quite simple - there's no worry of what to do with your gun/holster, you just leave it and pull it up over your stomach. :)

I've never been in a hurry to re-holster, so that's not been an issue either, although not as convenient as an OWB holster which I prefer.

I have and recommend the SmartCarry for anyone, I think it should be in all holster drawers (no pun intended). I don't always carry in it, but there are times it's just an awesome way to carry when deep concealment is a priority.

It's a good demonstration, but it looks like it is difficult to re-holster.

I like the comment about bathroom use, but Thunder71 seems to have a fairly good solution.

I think I'll stick with IWB for now.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Senior Moderator
    I use a Smartcarry when I can't pocket carry and prefer it over a tuckable IWB holster.

I'm not worried about reholstering it is not something that I have to do frequently. I don't have to handcuff anyone and if the police arrive I'm going to place my revolver on the ground and follow their commands.

Going to the bathroom is not really that hard.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I really like mine, and I carry a full size 1911. It is great when traveling on business wearing dockers, etc. As to reholstering, if I had to pull out my firearm and use it, my pants would probably need changing anyhow...
    ExactlyMyPoint likes this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Rewatch the vid at 4:20 to 4:29..the gun hangs up on extraction...seems very dangerous to me...plus would make a pit stop problematic in my humble opinion
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

As far as the draw, you definitely have to practice it a lot, and you'll also notice he cinches his belt pretty tight (more tight than I do that's for sure).

Another plus is that it helps keep your shirt tucked in nicely, just remembered that now.

It's not a be all end all holster, but like I said - it definitely has its place in any holster drawer. Like anything, there are advantages and disadvantages and this holster fills a huge void. If quick access and ease of re-holstering are a priority, you don't need to wear this holster, and why would you? If deep concealment is a priority, this is your solution.

Last but not least, if you're not sure how it will work for you I think you get 60 days to try it for free, no questions asked.

The biggest downside to this holster is... resale value.

For sale: SmartCarry holster, medium, very few stains, otherwise like new condition!
    68blackbird likes this.

The biggest downside to this holster is... resale value
    Yuck! I'd rather carry my pistol in my teeth before carrying it in a used Smart Carry. Some things just aren't meant to buy 2nd hand.
    dben002, aus71383 and Brad426 like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Oh come on, I bet mine sells for big dolla! I'll even autograph it.

I wear my all the time.. Very comfortable and extremely concealable option for deep cover..
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

I love mine. I use it daily, mostly when taking the dogs out, or go for a bicycle ride or walking/hiking. I usually wear it outside my gym shorts/sweat pants at 4 o'clock and cover it with my tshirt or jacket. Also, under circumstances besides the ones I already mentioned, if my attire or circumstances don't allow me to wear my regular IWB or ankle holsters, then I strap on my SC the way it was intended with a 442 or G27.

IMHO, this is a very convenient holster for certain circumstances and allows you to have your gun on you when more standard forms of carry are not an option.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

I have one of these on the list for jogging. Is it better than a belly band?

I don't think I could carry my P229 in it for every day wear. My jeans are too low in front. But for jogging with my 238 it might be better than the bbelly band.

I would think a belly band would slide down while running (unless you have a big gut and it's worn on top of your gut, like a shelf), a Smartcarry won't have that problem.

Been wearing a SmartCarry 24/7/365 (except for showers, medical exams, personal interludes, and the occasional laundering) for over seven years. Have thought many times about changing to a different form of carry, but I don't believe anything else would work as well for me.

Bobo
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other"
    ~John Adams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links