Best off-the-shelf jeans for pocket carry?

This is a discussion on Best off-the-shelf jeans for pocket carry? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As my old jeans are about to completely fall apart and my waist line increases in size, it's time for some new jeans! I have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Best off-the-shelf jeans for pocket carry?

As my old jeans are about to completely fall apart and my waist line increases in size, it's time for some new jeans!

I have a S&W 642 I pocket carry in cargo shorts most commonly but with winter setting in that is about to change. I cannot comfortably carry in the few pairs I have right now.

Are there any brands/cuts/styles that seem to work better directly from a retailer (I don't like ordering clothes on line) for a J-Frame?

2. Remove Ads

I am a big fan of the Carhartt jeans. I wear the double front carpenter style and it works well. They come lined as well and I wear them in the winter as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    aus71383 likes this.

I have worn Lee's for years, and always been able to conceal a 642 in front pocket. But just recently, Bass Pro Shops had Red Head jeans on sale for $9.98 on Black Friday. I bought a couple of pair, and discovered the front pockets on these jeans are much deeper. Haven't tried CCW with them yet, but that's forthcoming very soon. Good Luck

VIP Member
    I have always liked Wranglers, low cost, last forever and nice deep pockets. At a gun show a while back I purchased a S&W Model 25 with a four-inch barrel and dropped into my pocket, it actually carried comfortably and only about an inch of the grip protruded from the pocket.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Old Sarge View Post
    But just recently, Bass Pro Shops had Red Head jeans on sale for $9.98 on Black Friday. I bought a couple of pair, and discovered the front pockets on these jeans are much deeper. Haven't tried CCW with them yet, but that's forthcoming very soon.
    Did the same, found the same benefits. For pocket-carry, they seem to work very well. Unknown how well they'll hold up to use/abuse, but they look good so far.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    I have always liked Wranglers, low cost, last forever and nice deep pockets. At a gun show a while back I purchased a S&W Model 25 with a four-inch barrel and dropped into my pocket, it actually carried comfortably and only about an inch of the grip protruded from the pocket.
    I have a couple pair of Wranglers. I can carry my 24/7 Pro C in the pocket quite easily if I need to.

Ex Member
    This

In the right front pocket of my Levis. Note the speed strip in watch pocket

Duluth Trading Company "Ballroom Jeans" (yep, you guessed right!). The pocket interiors are made from fire hose material, anvil sturdy & tough to print through. The cuffs are lined with the same material, no fray if they occasionally scuff the ground. The jeans last f-o-r-e-v-e-r.

Whoops! Sorry, catalog & online sales only unless you get to one of the three stores in Wisconsin. Just TRY 'em! You'll thank me later.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Happypuppy View Post
    I am a big fan of the Carhartt jeans. I wear the double front carpenter style and it works well. They come lined as well and I wear them in the winter as well

I agree strongly with the above and give it them my full endorcement.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Re: Best off-the-shelf jeans for pocket carry?

I wear aa lot of different brands of jeans but mostly Levi and Wrangler. I've found both to be just as good and durable as the other. Wrangler being the cheaper option. Both are fashionable if that's also a concern.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Happypuppy View Post

Ditto, for the Carhartt's.

I wear Lee Relaxed Fit jeans. They have very nice sized front pockets. I carry a Kahr PM9 with laser sight in my front pocket everyday.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    "Lets Be Careful Out There!"

Ron

Too bad you don't like buying online. The Duluth Trading BallRoom jeans are perfect.
    Doghandler and MASSIVE like this.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters.
    If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.
    --Alan Simpson

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar

Re: Best off-the-shelf jeans for pocket carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Mudgen View Post
    Too bad you don't like buying online. The Duluth Trading BallRoom jeans are perfect.
    The ballroom jeans are very well made, far superior to Wranglers. The Wrangler relaxed fit work better for me though. The pocket openings are a little looser which allows for better access.

The problem with the world is grown-ups behaving like unsupervised children.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Quote Originally Posted by jrntn View Post
    Ditto, for the Carhartt's.
    If anybody happens to have a Bass Pro near them on Sunday (6-9pm) are having a sale and Carhartt purchases earn ya x6 reward points. Oh, also x5 on Federal Ammo..
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links