Any holsters fit what i'm looking for better than

This is a discussion on Any holsters fit what i'm looking for better than within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi all. I have been carrying for a couple years now and have always used a 7$ nylon walmart holster. While I don't really like ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Any holsters fit what i'm looking for better than

Any holsters fit what i'm looking for better than

Hi all. I have been carrying for a couple years now and have always used a 7$ nylon walmart holster. While I don't really like nor dislike it, it does have 2 major downfalls to me. 1) there is no coverage in the upper rear sight area and this allows the sight to dig into my love handles (carry at 330-4 o'clock.) 2) the holster goes around my backside a little too far and makes it hard to take out or put back in, my wallet. So that pretty much eliminated all the theis, crossbreed, and similar holsters for me since I carry on the same side as my wallet. I have however found a few I like. I was curious if you guys knew of any others similar I should give a look to. Here are the ones I have found:

expensive one: High noon alter ego (115$)

Alter Ego

cheaper one: blackhawk inside the pant holster (59$) (walmart 40$ + tax + 97cent shipping = ~ 44$)

BLACKHAWK! Inside-the-Pants w/Clip Holster - BLACKHAWK!

I was interested in the Galco in waistband holster but found out the mouth of the holster wasn't reinforced which apparently makes for a hell of a time once you draw your gun to try and re-holster it as your pants/belt collapse the holster upon your body.

I have several carry guns but the specific gun I am looking for a holster for is my new M&P shield 9mm. It must be inside waistband. I would like the upper rear sight coverage. I do not want one that will wrap far around and get into my wallet area. Price is not really an issue but obviously i will take it into consideration when deciding between different holsters. I do not need a thumb break strap although I am not opposed to one. Thanks so much for your time! Any questions, just ask.

2. Remove Ads

These three come to mind.
    Foxx Trap
    Silent Thunder
    Side Guard Holsters
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

Take a look at JM Custom Kydex. It is pistol/wallet compatible holster. I have one coming soon for my M&P 40 FS, wallet side at 8 o'clock. (EST)
    Never challenge an old man, because if you lose, you’ve lost to an old man, and if you win, so what?

VIP Member
    I really like the Remora (The Original Remora No Clip Concealment Holsters). I'm not sure if their holster for the MP Shield covers the rear sight, though. But the big advantage is that you can move it around until you find the ideal, comfortable spot for you.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum.
    I think, therefore I am armed.

(Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Quote Originally Posted by BenGoodLuck View Post
    I really like the Remora (The Original Remora No Clip Concealment Holsters). I'm not sure if their holster for the MP Shield covers the rear sight, though. But the big advantage is that you can move it around until you find the ideal, comfortable spot for you.
    when you go to the bathroom, how do you keep that clipless holster from just falling on the ground? Thanks!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eb2phkingood View Post
    when you go to the bathroom, how do you keep that clipless holster from just falling on the ground? Thanks!
    If I'm at home, I take it out of my waistband and lay the holster and gun carefully on the floor. Away from home, I remove it and lay it carefully in my pants down around my legs, or I slip the holster and gun into my front pocket. Even with a clip holster, you have to think of a good strategy if you have to use the bathroom. A clip holster could still be seen by someone looking under the stall.

There are several threads on the forum that discuss the logistics of using the bathroom while carrying a concealed weapon.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum.
    I think, therefore I am armed.

(Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Re: Any holsters fit what i'm looking for better than

I'd look at Comp-Tac's linup of IWB holsters, sounds like the Infidel would work well for you, great holster since it can be used with a variety of attachment options. http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog.php?cPath=28

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

I use a Don Hume OWB holster but he also has a number of IWB also at various price points. Good sturdy leather at reasonable prices.

Don Hume Leathergoods, manufactures high quality leather and nylon goods.
    I don't want to be a hero, but I'm sure not going to be a victim.

Hydrogen and human stupidty are the two most common elements on earth, not necessarily in that order. -- Albert Einstein

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    I have OWB leather (Mitch Rosen) a most comfortable holster.. I have a Holster Store IWB leather clip on holster (hurts a lot) and I have 2 Sticky Holsters IWB holsters. (2 guns).. The sticky is by far the most comfortable IWB holster I have seen to date.

Yes you do need to remove the stiky to re-holster but for me that's never an issue. So now it's either Mitch Rosen OWB or Sticky IWB..there are no other choices as far as I am concerned.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

if you like the Alter Ego, but do not want to pay the price tag. Check into the DeSantis Sof-Tuck
    DSC00330.JPG it is made for a variety of small handguns and is adjustable for where you want to carry it and how. Ive got one for my M85. I carry my xdsc OWB, but if I choose to switch I will probably go with the sof-tuck for the XD as well

StarPD45
    Or you could just move your wallet to the front pocket.
    If nothing else, it would be more pickpocket resistant. I've carried mine that way for many years. BUG on one side, wallet on the other.

Check out n82 tactical holsters. Like a crossbreed and galcos kink tuk. But smaller and with a single clip.
    Drgnfly likes this.

+1 for the Remora. You can get a sweat shield added on which will cover the entire slide and rear sights.

Instead of the Alter Ego (no cant) you might prefer the Closing Argument

The same holster with a bit of a cant...you'll appreciate the cant.
    High Noon makes quality holsters.
    You mentioned $115 for a holster...just a 'heads ups', but for quality, that's not really expensive. That holster will serve you well for many years.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I can make you anything you want for your Shield.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links