Anybody using a Sig P239 Holster for a Bersa Thunder pistol? Need Help!

This is a discussion on Anybody using a Sig P239 Holster for a Bersa Thunder pistol? Need Help! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So allegedly the holsters for the Sig P239 fit the Bersa Thunder 9/40/45 pistols, both UC and HC, Pro and non-Pro. Ive called every retailer, ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By CS_Holsters
  • 1 Post By MNBurl

Thread: Anybody using a Sig P239 Holster for a Bersa Thunder pistol? Need Help!

So allegedly the holsters for the Sig P239 fit the Bersa Thunder 9/40/45 pistols, both UC and HC, Pro and non-Pro.

Ive called every retailer, local and online, Cheaper than Dirt, Holsterland.com, Eagle Imports/Condors Flight.. I even called Fobus themselves..

I understand that the picture may not represent the actual item number.. and only the style of holster. However the Sig P239 has a rounded smooth trigger guard.. and the Thunder series has the flat front trigger guard with the finger rest, just like a Glock.

So how well does a round bottom but squared off trigger guard fit into a smooth fully round molded holster for the Sig?!?!?!?!

No one has one in stock that I can go test fit.. everyone I spoke with is just assuming it will fit.. I have also read multiple times that holsters for a Glock 19/23/32 fit this pistol... Does anyone know for sure, or can they test fit for me!? PLEASE? ... and thank you.

Here are some links of holsters I am referring to.. you'll notice the differences in the molded trigger guards:
    Fobus Bersa, Sig, S&W Evolution Paddle Holster - FOBUS HOLSTERS by Gun Gear Usa
    BS2BERSARP - Fobus Roto Paddlebelt Holster With Bersa Logo
    Bersa Thunder 9 mm UC Belt Holster By Fobus [SG239RB] - $35.99
    Fobus Evolution Standard Belt Holster SIG Sauer 239 9mm Right Hand Black

According to retailers and manufacturers, ALL of those will fit.. but i dont see how with the trigger guard differences. And for the record, I cant yet afford a custom made or higher priced holster.. just need something that my brother can get me for Christmas to replace my stupid $6 Wal-Mart nylon airsoft gun holster.

Jason

No it will not fit, it may go in but that's about it. You will have 0 retention unless you lean it forward to get the slide cutout to (sort of) catch.

Do yourself a favor and pick up the correct holster.
    Curzyk likes this.

How about I make you one that will fit your gun exactly! I own two my self BT9 UC and BT40 UC pro.

By the way, a Sig 239 and Bersa Thunder 9/40/45 will NOT be the same size and have different trigger profiles.
    Curzyk likes this.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Quote Originally Posted by CS_Holsters View Post
    No it will not fit, it may go in but that's about it. You will have 0 retention unless you lean it forward to get the slide cutout to (sort of) catch.

Do yourself a favor and pick up the correct holster.
    Would not be the first time where what "everyone on the Internetz says" turns out to be quite contrary to fact.

agreed.. and what's sad is that most of the "everyone" are the holster manufacturers and retailers... of course no one has anything they can actually look at or test fit, or any diagrams or design specs.. its kind of a "our design engineers say this will work...so go with it" sort of deal.

OK let me try this, If it's all leather it may do just fine, if it's kydex and leather (hybrid) see below.

Other then the trigger guard that the op knows about, there seems to be a difference in slide and frame height, and a taller slide and frame from the end of the trigger guard to the end of the barrel.

Don't get me wrong I have not made even one holster for the P239 but have made a bunch for the Bersa, our holsters are form fit so the trigger guard alone is enough to keep it from going all the way in.

So I would think a lot is going to depend on how much clearance and modifications they build into there molds, at that your guess is as good as any.

bersa.jpg
    SIG_Sauer_P239_Pistol-courtesy-guns.findthebest.com_.jpg

Best of luck, Brian

P.S. Jason, how close to the Ohio Mich line/ Toledo are you?

Good points Brian, although the Bersa pic you posted is of the 380, a PPK clone.. I have the 9mm, a P88 clone of sorts. So my slide is taller, and closer in size to the P239.

I'm a ways from the border.. about 165miles.. I'm up in the tri-cities area, Saginaw, Midland, Bay City. I do occasionally travel to Toledo for work however.

That makes things a lot clearer, your right 9 and 380 is a a bit different.

To bad your not closer, was going to see what I had at the shop for you to test fit (I checked this morning there is two both 380) and have coffee.

I use to deer hunt up near you, there's some beautiful area up that way.

I'm out of ideas about the will/ wont fit but good luck none the less.

Brian

Thanks Brian, I'll be sure to post back what I find.. i have a couple holsters on their way and hopefully another for Christmas.. so by end of month, i'll be able to post an answer.

Sponsored Links