Taurus PT738 TCP Holster options

This is a discussion on Taurus PT738 TCP Holster options within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I picked up this little .380 today, because I was finding it difficult to work while carrying my slightly larger Beretta Nano. I am now ...

Thread: Taurus PT738 TCP Holster options

I picked up this little .380 today, because I was finding it difficult to work while carrying my slightly larger Beretta Nano. I am now looking at different holster options. The DeSantis Superfly pocket holster keeps coming up as the best bet for what I want. I can then carry either front or back pocket. Anyone else have this holster? What do you thin of it?

I am wanting a holste that will come up high enough to cover the whole slide as I have the blued finish and I sweat a lot and am worried about sweat rusting the pistol. If there are other holsters out there that would work better, list it for me. Pics would help too. Thanks guys and gals.

Pocket carry for Taurus 738

I have the 738 as well. I picked it up for a Summer carry. I also have a S&W 642 airweigt and a Glock 27 for small carry guns. I tend to wear fitted clothing so I only carry the 27 and the Smith outside the waistband when I have suitable outerwear. So the 738 has become by everyday default carry.

I have found that the Nemesis superior to other pocket holsters that I have tried. The Nemesis is really a Super Fly without the extra pocket flap added. Actually, I did buy the Super Fly, but I never use the extra pocket flap piece, which is simply a Nemesis with the removable extra flap velcroed on. I have found that I can carry the 738 in the Nemesis in my right rear hip pocket without it printing, in jeans, khakis, or dress pants. I tried several of the popular "wallet" holsters as well, but I keep going back to the Desantis Nemesis for the 738.

Of interest, since I now carry the Taurus where my wallet used to be, I have decided to greatly downsize my wallet to a mini ID type wallet (Amazon.com: 910EB Fine Leather Hand Crafted Mans Man's Mens Men's Mini Wallet ID Credit Card Holder with Magnetic Money Clip: Everything Else). Depending on my need I can carry either the wallet or the Taurus in a front or back pocket. It is flexible and works well in fitted clothing.

Sponsored Links