First IWB Holster - crossdraw or strong side carry question - Page 2

First IWB Holster - crossdraw or strong side carry question

This is a discussion on First IWB Holster - crossdraw or strong side carry question within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; While sitting at my desk at work I carry a Glock 26 in a smartcarry spun to the side to make a prefect IWB holster ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First IWB Holster - crossdraw or strong side carry question

While sitting at my desk at work I carry a Glock 26 in a smartcarry spun to the side to make a prefect IWB holster and when I have to go outside and be under a vehicle I can easily spin Smartcarry to carry the 26 between my legs.
    You do not know, what you do not know, until you realize that you do not know it

Re: First IWB Holster - crossdraw or strong side carry question

I'm investigating the 'ball room" jeans. They are gusseted for more room around the thigh and crotch. They also make a stretch version. They will hold a 2 inch belt. Expensive though. Waiting for Santa.

George
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

Some arguments FOR Cross Draw (assuming your SA is working properly) are: Easier to present while driving or seated; Ease of draw (getting hold of grips properly) without contorting body/elbow unnaturally; If confronted quickly, one can "clamp down" on gun/holster with weak side arm/elbow, and use strong side arm to punch/push BG away to get distance; Confusing BG with carry position, "most people" carry strong side/SS appendix-advantage; Training vs Real Life-What position will you be in when attacked-"squared up to BG?"-very much doubt it. Answer to your question? Whatever is the most comfortable and accessible for YOU. Try each, decide, and train, train, train! Just my opinion, thanks. Take care.
    Best Regards,
    "Doc" aka Bill
    SLAINTE VAR!!

Go for strong side IWB.

If you need a gun in the car, you have a better weapon. The car. It speeds away, it runs over people

:-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links