Best holster for Sig 1911 Carry

This is a discussion on Best holster for Sig 1911 Carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for suggestions for IWB and OWB holster for my Sig 1911 Carry Nightmare. 4.2" barrel. The Sig 1911 has a different profile (more square ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 357and40

Thread: Best holster for Sig 1911 Carry

Best holster for Sig 1911 Carry

Looking for suggestions for IWB and OWB holster for my Sig 1911 Carry Nightmare. 4.2" barrel. The Sig 1911 has a different profile (more square than round) than most 1911s and I'm having trouble finding good holsters for it.

2. Remove Ads

I liked what UBG made for my XDs, so I enlisted him to make one for my Sig 1911 ultra. For what they cost, his turnaround time and the quality, its hard to beat. Ive also ordered a fair bit of leather from Brad at Bear River Holsters. Im not sure he can do the Sig 1911 though.

Opinions are like rectums...

That said, I really like the Milt Sparks VM2 for a 1911.

Any other weapon I will side with a Minotaur M-TAC.
    BigJon10125 likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    Opinions are like rectums...

That said, I really like the Milt Sparks VM2 for a 1911.

Any other weapon I will side with a Minotaur M-TAC.
    I didn't know the VM2 would fit a Sig 1911.

Ryan at rgrizzle leather and Nate at UBG get my votes. I really like the holsters I've purchased from both of these gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoker View Post
    You are correct - The VM II 1911 holster will not fit the Sig. I recently acquired a Sig Ultra 1911, and it will not fit into a VM II or a Brommeland Max con (both designed for the 3" 1911). The Sig slide is too wide to fit fully into the holster.

I was disappointed, I was hoping it might fit a holster I already have. I am searching as well.

Jim
    "There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper use of high explosives"
    G. Alan Foster

RGrizzle does not have the Sig 1911 blue gun. The Sig 1911 slide dimensions are not identical the a regular 1911 slide.

I will snap a picture of the UBG Canute I have and post it. If you prefer leather over Kydex, it really is a nice piece.

I have both IWB and OWB holsters for my Sig 1911 Fastback from Brandon at S&S Holsters
    While the IWB gets more use, both are very comfortable and well made. Quick turn around times too.

I also have a Black Ops Pro from Rocky at www.purekustomholsters.com
    It's a great holster also, that can be worn either IWB or OWB. Fast shipping with him too- I'm thinking it was like 3 weeks for mine.

I'll try and post some pics later.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoker View Post
    I would call since they are a custom holster maker. Tony is a great guy and will do anything he is able to facilitate his clients.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

mkh
    I don't have any problems concealing it and I have tried many different holsters. In the past I preferred OWB even though it doesn't conceal as well mainly because I have found IWB to be uncomfortable. I recently picked up a P-Chip hoster from Deadeye Luke ( Deadeye Luke - Tuff Products ) and it is fantastic. I wear it at 5:00 - 5:30.

My LGS carries it and they molded it to fit my Sig Ultra Compact and to my specs. Basically they took the one for the Standard commander size 1911 and then reshaped it while I waited and all for $30. It is thin and the weapon rides low just above my belt so it is extremely comfortable. I have had it for 3 weeks now with no problems. I even have ones for my other Sigs. This isn't some off the wall thing as Deadeye Luke has kits and training for LGS employees to do this. I highly reccomend it and my best friend has also bought one and loves it.

I just got an Old Faithful for the exact same gun. Went together pretty well, fits well, and quality materials. If you're willing to do some assembly, the price is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    I would call since they are a custom holster maker. Tony is a great guy and will do anything he is able to facilitate his clients.
    I agree. You'll just have to wait six months. Worth it though.

My Sig, Colt, DW, and Kimber 1911's are carried in Kirkpatrick Leather holsters..... and have been for many years

Concealment Holsters - Concealed carry outside the waistband leather holsters and accesories
    NRA Life Member ... Marine Corps League Life Member
    Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
    USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys....

Links