Creaking Holster!

This is a discussion on Creaking Holster! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anybody have a remedy for "creaking holster?" Milt Sparks holster (PMK) for SP101 carried on a Wilderness Belt. It's a great system, five months old. ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By druryj

Thread: Creaking Holster!

Creaking Holster!

Anybody have a remedy for "creaking holster?" Milt Sparks holster (PMK) for SP101 carried on a Wilderness Belt.
    It's a great system, five months old. I just need to figure out how to minimize the creaking especially when
    mingling with the public. Any and all suggestions appreciated, thanks.

2. Remove Ads

Use KIWI neutral shoe polish where leather rubs. No stain and last for a long time. The only long term cure I have found.

Try sprinkling baby powder inside the holster, particularly where the seams are sewn and inside the belt loops. Gently work the leather to get the powder down inside the edges/stitching and shake the excess off. Voila! No more creaking.
    Zombie57 likes this.

baby power for the inside and some leather conditioner for the outside.
    "The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    Thomas Jefferson
    Third President of the United States

Galco makes a good holster dressing that works well for this as well as for the inside surfaces of a leather holster that may be a bit snug. Works great and made specifically for gunleather.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Patron Member

Hey, thanks guys for the suggestions! I knew somebody would have solutions.
    Much appreciated!

Leather on leather is going to creak.
    Have you pinpointed the source (i.e. belt against holster, holster not stitched tightly so holster against holster; whaddawe talking about?

The best solution might be the Kiwi wax, and I avoid using baby powder around a pistol. The powder tends to get into places you would never imagine, and soak up lubricant. Want a greasy sluggish rail? Add powder, even just a little.

Mitch Rosen has a grand stuff called Leather Lightning. I strongly recommend it.

And, you just "might" give your holster a squirt of Armor all and rub that in with your fingers.

under no circumstances should you use neatsfoot oil. It softens the leather. I'm even careful with saddle soap.

And I know just a bit about holsters.

D&D Gunleather

Obenauf's Heavy Duty Leather Preservative (LP) has been good for me. Doesn't soften or ruin like neetsfoot, but protects.

Links