Crossbreed holster question

This is a discussion on Crossbreed holster question within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Mine just came in and it is looking nice, BUT when I draw my XD SC the front sight seems to catch inside and things ...

Thread: Crossbreed holster question

Mine just came in and it is looking nice, BUT when I draw my XD SC the front sight seems to catch inside and things come to a grinding halt and I have to "wiggle" it out. Has anyone else experienced it? I'm planning on playing around with it some more tonight and if I can't figure out what the hangup is, I'll call them tomorrow but in case it's an operator error I figured I probably should ask around first.

I have one for a 1911 and never had that problem. I assume the site is catching on the lip of the holster at the bottom, not inside. CoOntact them and let them know.

I love the rig, my only complaint after a year of use is the hole worn on the inside of my right rear pocket by the exposed end of my 1911.

Mark will fix it for you if you contact him. When I called to order, he specifically asked me if I was going to be putting other sights on it. When I told him I might, he said he'd but a bit larger "sight channel" on it for me. I'm guessing the sight channel on yours just needs to be a little bigger. You could probably adjust it yourself with his "hair dryer technique" that I have seen him describe online before. He has discussed it in the context of making the retention more or less..

Either way, I'd just email him and see what he says. His customer service is always top notch and he'll make it right for you one way or the other..

Let us know how it goes..

And feel free to let me know if you'd like to see a picture of mine and what the sight channel looks like on my new Crossbreed Supertuck Adjustable. I love it and it works like a champ!
    Proud Georgia Firearms Licensee
    Springfield Armory XD-9 Subcompact
    Seecamp LWS32
    Browning Buckmark
    Walther P22
    Bersa Thunder 380

Thanks guys! I'll send him an email when I get home.

In regards to where it's catching, it's actually inside the holster.

Quote Originally Posted by Huzar View Post
    Thanks guys! I'll send him an email when I get home.

In regards to where it's catching, it's actually inside the holster.
    My wife and I both have XD's, and both have Crossbreed holsters. Mine has TFO sights, and the holster has been adjusted by Mark to accomodate. Her gun and holster are stock. I've tried my gun in her holster, and it drags like you describe. Should be a simple fix, and Mark has been good to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by sevesteen View Post
    My wife and I both have XD's, and both have Crossbreed holsters. Mine has TFO sights, and the holster has been adjusted by Mark to accomodate. Her gun and holster are stock. I've tried my gun in her holster, and it drags like you describe. Should be a simple fix, and Mark has been good to work with.
    OK, I think it was the angle of how I had it. I played with it a bit tonight and it seems that when I adjusted the angle to be good for conceal and draw things worked way better. The sight still drags a hair but maybe it's still an operator error so I'll see what I can come up with tomorrow night.

I have one for my Glocks. The Quik Clip IWB model. Fits the 9mm and .40 S&W. It is the best IWB I have ever tried! I wear mine at appendix position. Call Mark, he'll fix it! Mine is great, and I have after-market sights.
    Texas DPS CHL Instructor

Is there such a thing as having too many Glocks???

"You may all go to Hell; And I will go to Texas!" Davy Crockett-1836

Links