As many new concealed carriers start out, "how am I going to carry" has been a journey more than just a simple question.
Let me preface by saying I went the LCP route in a wallet holster to begin with and love the ease and concealability but decided to bump up to my Glock27.
Here was my path with my G27... sound familiar to others?
1) I work from home, don't really need anything exciting for when I do venture out... a paddle holster should be great (purchase made)
2) I want something a little more concealable. (ordered a mid-price OWB (FIST #10) with 8 week delivery)
3) Tired of waiting, want to try OWB (picked up a simple Don Hume OWB at a gun show)
4) This simple OWB is pretty good... but I wonder what the hype is about the hybrid IWB
5) Research, research, research
6) Order IWB hybrid
7) Received it, slid it on, moved it around, tried different locations, adjusted clips up and down and back again
8) Wear around the house Day 1, lots of leather creaking as expected
9) Wear around the house Day 2, less leather creaking, feels more comfortable
10) Wear around the house Day 3, run a couple of errands, tuck in a shirt, no leather creaking and very comfortable
11) In the meantime, my FIST OWB showed up on Day 3 and now I'll give it a shot, but it's already relegated to #2 option after the IWB.
I'm sold. Love this thing after only 3 days. My "goldilocks" spot is around 3:30-4:00 location so I can sit comfortably all day while working, and it's pretty comfy in the car. Sure it stabs me now and again but a slight shift of my body or the holster and it's fine. As the leather continues to loosen up I think that'll happen less often.
Personally, I went with Theis due to the thinner horsehide leather that he touts and I'm truly amazed and pleased. I look forward to feeling it in 2 weeks, 2 months and figure I won't even notice I'm wearing it.
I have an Old Faithful kit on the way as well just because I'm curious about the thicker Kydex.
I'll soon have a couple of OWB and a Paddle holster for a G27 up for sale if anyone is interested. Barely used. ;-)