Another one bites the dust!

This is a discussion on Another one bites the dust! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well folks, I come here again because another holster is leaving the collection. I really had high expectations for my new Remora holster that arrived ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Another one bites the dust!

Well folks, I come here again because another holster is leaving the collection.

I really had high expectations for my new Remora holster that arrived earlier in the week. This isn't my first rodeo with Remora, though. I have one that I use for my LCP, but that's for pocket carry only. The Remora I just received was for my Glock 27. I used it for the occasional trip to the store and other odd and ends during the week, but nothing too extensive. Today I decide to bring the Christmas decorations out and after about an hour of walking up stairs, bending over, and at times sweating, I had to take a break because the holster slide down so much that the grip was the only thing keeping the holster from falling down my pants leg.

You can imagine how disappointed I was when my expectations were so high. The one thing that I really did like was how comfortable it was. If I was sitting in my car or lounging around at home, it would never jab into my side or feel bulky even though the material adds close to a half inch in extra thickness.

Luckily this time of year I can get away with carrying OWB since I will be wearing a jacket everyday, but I want to have a worthwhile IWB holster come spring time that I can wear everyday. As of right now, I'm thinking my next best choice will be a hybrid holster. Having a good amount of retention is the single most important aspect of a holster for me. 8 months out of the year my Harley is my main mode of transportation, so having the gun secured in place is key. I'd hate to have my $600 gun sliding down the road if I hit a big bump!

So, what are your thoughts on what I should get next?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar

Re: Another one bites the dust!

I love my CompTac Infidel. Get it with the belt loops and you've got comfort and major (adjustable) retention. Take a look at it.

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info...irni8cgpudtks0

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by DontTreadOnI; December 7th, 2012 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Now with links!!!!!1!
    MikeyIdaho likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

I don't wanna' ask about what kind of pants, belt or waistline you have...I really don't wanna' know . But I've been very pleased with my Remora with none of the issues you mention. I will respectfully remind you about the full, unconditional, no-questions-asked guarantee. Maybe go with Crossbreed Supertuck? BTW, did you really pay $600 for your G27? I'm seeing $499 most everyday.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Sioux... I see that you posted on my recent post about the Theis IWB hybrid, so you know my feeling... After 3 days you'll love it.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

I love my Milt Sparks VMII for my Colt LW Commander. Hear there is quite a wait, but I may look into another hybrid for tuckability. Is that a word???
    Yetiman likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

I have a Phoenix Stronghold for each of my handguns. Nice holster without the long wait.

Stronghold Phoenix IWB Holster

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    I don't wanna' ask about what kind of pants, belt or waistline you have...I really don't wanna' know . But I've been very pleased with my Remora with none of the issues you mention. I will respectfully remind you about the full, unconditional, no-questions-asked guarantee. Maybe go with Crossbreed Supertuck? BTW, did you really pay $600 for your G27? I'm seeing $499 most everyday.
    Well, I do wear a belt! I have it tight enough to if it were any tighter, It would be uncomfortable. It is probably just not for me. When you factor in the paper work and sales tax, it cost me close to $600. I forgot the exact price, but I paid about $25 more than the cheapest place locally, but I wanted to support the LGS I always go to.

Quote Originally Posted by iguanadon View Post
    Sioux... I see that you posted on my recent post about the Theis IWB hybrid, so you know my feeling... After 3 days you'll love it.
    I am going to check it out now!

VIP Member
    Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro. Once you try it, you will be sold.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    I love my Milt Sparks VMII for my Colt LW Commander. Hear there is quite a wait, but I may look into another hybrid for tuckability. Is that a word???
    I'm now 60 years old. I too like the MS VMII...

If I ordered one, it would be a race to see which came first, death, my social security at age 62, or my holster!

Of course I could always revert back to my military training and "hurry up and wait"?
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Quote Originally Posted by sioux565 View Post
    Well folks, I come here again because another holster is leaving the collection.

I really had high expectations for my new Remora holster that arrived earlier in the week. This isn't my first rodeo with Remora, though. I have one that I use for my LCP, but that's for pocket carry only. The Remora I just received was for my Glock 27. I used it for the occasional trip to the store and other odd and ends during the week, but nothing too extensive. Today I decide to bring the Christmas decorations out and after about an hour of walking up stairs, bending over, and at times sweating, I had to take a break because the holster slide down so much that the grip was the only thing keeping the holster from falling down my pants leg.

You can imagine how disappointed I was when my expectations were so high. The one thing that I really did like was how comfortable it was. If I was sitting in my car or lounging around at home, it would never jab into my side or feel bulky even though the material adds close to a half inch in extra thickness.

Luckily this time of year I can get away with carrying OWB since I will be wearing a jacket everyday, but I want to have a worthwhile IWB holster come spring time that I can wear everyday. As of right now, I'm thinking my next best choice will be a hybrid holster. Having a good amount of retention is the single most important aspect of a holster for me. 8 months out of the year my Harley is my main mode of transportation, so having the gun secured in place is key. I'd hate to have my $600 gun sliding down the road if I hit a big bump!

So, what are your thoughts on what I should get next?
    Our thoughts here. Questions

You need a molded to the gun holster with a retention screw.

Two that come to mind are.

Down Under Clip

Public Secret w/clip

William
    High Noon Holsters
    www.HighNoonHolsters.com

Sponsor
    Check out SHTF Gear LLC!

Thanks,
    Clay

Quote Originally Posted by SHTFGearLLC View Post
    Check out SHTF Gear LLC!

Thanks,
    Clay
    Just bought one from you for my Bersa BP9CC. Can not wait till it gets here. I have heard great things about your holsters. I work 2 days a week at my LGS and might want to talk about carrying them in store. PM sent.
    Rob
    -----------
    Play in the heavens baby girl. For we will again one day see you.
    Gracie Rae P Nov 16,2004 - Sept 2,2012
    Forever daddy's girl!
    -----------

I'm not a hybrid or remora guy. I like AIWB and own two Garrett Industries Silent Thunder Slims (for my Ruger SR9c and LC9) which are very similar to this only the clip is offset over the trigger guard which makes it a bit slimmer. Kydex and Leather Holster | Concealed and Tuckable | The Silent Thunder IWB Holster

BTW it is tuckable too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjr_Fail View Post
    I have a Phoenix Stronghold for each of my handguns. Nice holster without the long wait.

Stronghold Phoenix IWB Holster
    I'll second that. I just got one (approximately 10 days after I ordered it - and it was not in stock. They had to make it) along with one of their belts. The quality is outstanding. I've worn it around the house for a few days to break it in. After 24 hours of wearing it and drawing, it was near ready to go. Now that I'm a few days in, it has great retention, yet draws smoothly.

As a side note on the belt: I'm a wiry guy and my pants typically have a hard time staying up as is - with their gun belt, my pants don't fall down even with my 220 compact in the holster. I couldn't be happier with the quality of the products (+ the wait time was next to nothing).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links