Small issue with my Remora - Page 2

Small issue with my Remora

This is a discussion on Small issue with my Remora within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have never had this issue, as long ago I learned the piece was to be carried in a proper fitting holster, attached to the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Small issue with my Remora

I have never had this issue, as long ago I learned the piece was to be carried in a proper fitting holster, attached to the belt.
    ksholder and wmhawth like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I wore mine at about 8 o'clock in and out of the truck all day and had no issues. I also just ran out to the car with it tucked into my pajama pants to grab something and it stayed put. Now I wouldn't go do a bunch of jumping jacks that way but for taking the trash out, running to the store real quick, etc. I don't have a problem. Otherwise I'd be wearing pants with a belt anyway, which works great with the Remora for me. I really like hat I can easily adjust its position especially when I'm in a vehicle for long periods.

Unfortunately, it just isn't for everyone. My wife can't use the one I got for her with her around the house sweats as they are too loose to hold the Remora and her G26 and most of her jeans are too tight/low rise to effectively tuck it into those either. I may have to pickup a Vanguard 2 for her so she can AIWB carry which is here preferred method.

It seems to me that the holster sticks better to fabric than skin and I think that is part of the issue for my wife. I always have a T-shirt tucked into my pants and it seems to get a better grip than it does against her skin if she wears it at 4 o'clock.

No belt with the Remora, yet have now decided a belt is a must-have good idea? I've just re-visited the Remora website & I can't find a single mention suggesting they'll work without a belt. Did you think they'd defy...the laws of gravity?
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    No belt with the Remora, yet have now decided a belt is a must-have good idea? I've just re-visited the Remora website & I can't find a single mention suggesting they'll work without a belt. Did you think they'd defy...the laws of gravity?
    To be fair there is also not a single mention of having to use a belt in order for the holster in work. In fact here is what it says directly on the website:

"The REMORA holsters remain in place with a minimal amount of compression due to REMORA’S Non-Slip rubber skin."

A "minimal amount of compression" can mean different things to different people.

For me, I tried it and did not like it for the reason the OP stated.

Quote Originally Posted by glocker73 View Post
    To be fair there is also not a single mention of having to use a belt in order for the holster in work. In fact here is what it says directly on the website: "The REMORA holsters remain in place with a minimal amount of compression due to REMORA’S Non-Slip rubber skin." A "minimal amount of compression" can mean different things to different people. For me, I tried it and did not like it for the reason the OP stated.
    Well that's, uhh...cute. There's no mention in the Owner's Manual that a Winnebago Motor Coach will stay on the road while you leave the wheel & go back to get a cup of coffee either. I guess there's an anticipated threshold of common sense by the manufacturer that shouldn't be assumed...and isn't there. What I find most interesting is that after you've decided a Remora holster wouldn't work without a belt, you then decided that belt was a wise idea with...ANY holster.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Well that's, uhh...cute. There's no mention in the Owner's Manual that a Winnebago Motor Coach will stay on the road while you leave the wheel & go back to get a cup of coffee either.
    True, but it's also not a reasonable expectation that it would stay on the road by doing so.

My point remains the same, a "minimal amount of compression" does not have to be from a belt. It's a reasonable expectation based on the website that the holster could be held in place by a drawstring from shorts or tight fitting pants for that matter.

True, but it's also not a reasonable expectation that it would stay on the road by doing so. EXACTLY my point, neither is it a "reasonable expectation" that a holster would support a gun without a belt. Even YOU have eventually decided that's true, *Please note your previous Galco (misspelled "Glaco") comment.

My point remains the same, a "minimal amount of compression" does not have to be from a belt. It's a reasonable expectation based on the website that the holster could be held in place by a drawstring from shorts or tight fitting pants for that matter.
    You just keep digging a deeper hole don't you? A "drawstring from shorts or tight fitting pants"? What does your handgun weigh? I don't know your physical profile (and don't care to know ) but believing the elastic waist from a pair of sweatpants is substantial enough to keep a handgun in place, regardless of the holster design, is a little naive, don't ya' think?

You just keep digging a deeper hole don't you? A "drawstring from shorts or tight fitting pants"? What does your handgun weigh? I don't know your physical profile (and don't care to know ) but believing the elastic waist from a pair of sweatpants is substantial enough to keep a handgun in place, regardless of the holster design, is a little naive, don't ya' think?
    I think you have me confused with Wishoot.

To be clear, I never said I would wear a holster without a belt. I am only pointing out that by Remora stating that the holster stays in place with a minimal amount of compression and advertising it as a no-clip, non-slip holster it would leave open the idea that it would work fine without a belt. Naive as it may be, a simple search of "Remora No Belt" will clearly show you that many believe it can be used without a belt.

Naive as it may be, a simple search of "Remora No Belt" will clearly show you that many believe it can be used without a belt.
    "Many believing it" does not make it either a manufacturer's claim or the truth. I can also perform a simple search of "Flat Earth Society". Does the fact that it will "clearly show" results suggest to you that it is factual, or just reinforce that some folks have made some foolish assumptions?
    How long do you wanna' keep playing this game?

I where my Remora with a Taurus 9mm with board shorts. It secures pretty good.
    https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...dd2pBEKRjr9QM:

"Many believing it" does not make it either a manufacturer's claim or the truth. I can also perform a simple search of "Flat Earth Society". Does the fact that it will "clearly show" results suggest to you that it is factual, or just reinforce that some folks have made some foolish assumptions?
    How long do you wanna' keep playing this game?
    How about I make this a little easier for you since you seem to have a comprehension issue. Why don't you email Alan and ask him if the Remora can be used without a belt and report back with his answer.

Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    I think the Remora is a great grab-and-go holster, but I wouldn't be using it as a primary holster. I have two of them and haven't used them more than once or twice.
    That's pretty much what I am starting to think as well well.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Now you want me to do MORE homework (email Alan & report back) in an effort to correct my "comprehension issue"? And you've abandoned the "no-clip, no-slip = no-belt" question & have resorted to suggesting I have a learning disability? Friend, I merely asked a question, addressed your comments & counterpointed your linguistic gymnastics. I didn't, nor do I currently, have an agenda for this conversation. And I'll never, just because we don't agree, hint you have any mental disabilities. Still, neither your formidable intellect nor your unwavering tenacity will secure my pistol in place at my waist...in a Remora holster without a belt.

Oh, I almost forgot, thanks for making it a little easier for me.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    If some have a problem and some do not it can be reasonably assumed that there is a "personal issue" "to each his own" with the use of the Remora. Many users, including myself, find it to be perfect; since I HATE belts and 99% of time am walking around in tie string type sport shorts or long pants or sweats it is EXACTLY what fits my needs. I did find, when I first used it, however, there was this lurking fear that the holster and its companion firearm were going to slide down to the floor and go kaboom. I must admit that the holster is not made for that 24/7 carry where you are digging ditches, bending over and carrying big packages and cartons etal--it is a nominal walking around type holster that fits my retired way of life. As I said before, a big advantage to me is my ability to easily adjust it in my car for driving and then readjust before I exit car--being CC in the car and having the firearm positioned for easy access is one of my main reasons (road rage) for being CC in the first place. Having it digging into the wrong part of my body because it is stationary, via clip or belt, for normal walking about is not a concern. Holsters, in general, are a funny breed--many forum members, via threads, clearly indicate that they have a collection of holsters for each firearm based on thinking they have the perfect one and then realizing that something else is better.
    RichB70 likes this.

Thanks kelcarry, finally an answer from someone who DOES use a Remora without a belt. I won't because....I just won't. But that's a POV I was asking to hear.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links