Small issue with my Remora

This is a discussion on Small issue with my Remora within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by RKM I think the Remora is a great grab-and-go holster, but I wouldn't be using it as a primary holster. I have ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Small issue with my Remora

Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    I think the Remora is a great grab-and-go holster, but I wouldn't be using it as a primary holster. I have two of them and haven't used them more than once or twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    That's pretty much what I am starting to think as well well.
    The Remora functions pretty well as a driving holster in crossdraw position. When you reach your destination and exit your car just slip your pistol out of the Remora and into your regular holster and stash the Remora in the car for use next time you drive.

The Remora can be a handy tool within its limitations but I think anyone who doesn't want to wear a belt ought to question whether or not he really wants to carry a gun at waist level.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    The Remora functions pretty well as a driving holster in crossdraw position. When you reach your destination and exit your car just slip your pistol out of the Remora and into your regular holster and stash the Remora in the car for use next time you drive.

The Remora can be a handy tool within its limitations but I think anyone who doesn't want to wear a belt ought to question whether or not he really wants to carry a gun at waist level.
    By the way, I do use the Remora with a belt. Not sure if I mentioned that. The with a belt/without a belt thing kind of hijacked the thread for awhile...
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

New Member Array SpecialProjects's Avatar

Small issue with my Remora

Easy on, easy off, good construction, stays put yet remains 'adjustable'. I've used Remoras and Sticky and I find them to be great holsters for many conditions.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    By the way, I do use the Remora with a belt. Not sure if I mentioned that. The with a belt/without a belt thing kind of hijacked the thread for awhile...
    One of the main features of the Remora is that it can be used with/without a belt and this is a key input to discussion and not a hijack. As I have said, I SPECIFICALLY purchased the Remora because I do not like having the constricted feelings of a belt. the holster certainly has its limitations depending on your lifestyle. The more active the body movements over a day can affect its positioning and the idea that you can just place the holster between your pants and your body, regardless of "looseness" is ridiculous---for the "sticky" to work, it has to have something relatively stable to "stick to". Hey--it works for me and my lifestyle and apparently for many others--it is all a matter of lifestyle and personal preference--this seems to hold for the whole issue of holsters and their material, style, and position on your person.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    In my experience, the holster stays in the same place, but my pants start to shift a little and need to be adjusted. For me at least, it's that my pants start to slip down making the Remora feel like it's riding up, so I hike up my drawers and everything seems to be fine.

Regardless of what holster rig I'm wearing, I find myself from time to time having to adjust my pants, so it doesn't seem like a holster concern to me. JMHO.

Of course I could probably fix all of this by losing 50 - 60 pounds.
    RichB70 likes this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

In order to lay the whole belt/no belt issue to rest I emailed Alan at Remora and asked him if the holster can be used without a belt. Here is his response:

"It can be however there is a certain amount of compression from the waist band required to retain the holster and hand gun."

Quote Originally Posted by glocker73 View Post
    In order to lay the whole belt/no belt issue to rest...
    Gee, I thought we already had.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I have both the Remora and The Sticky Holster and haven't had a problem with either moving around. I do find the sticky holster a bit more comfortable.

Wear tighter pants :D

I'm female and with most of my jeans (not super tight) and a belt, mine stays in place. I've even worn it with sweat pants and dress pants, although that wasn't as stable.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Why is this an issue ? I have both Sticky and Remora for multiple handguns. They work extremely well when used as designed for. They stay put, and are comfortable and conceal really nice. Follow the instructions and have a safe, all day, iwb holster that is comfortable. Why try to make it so hard ??
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links